Wye Valley Ac

pitley

I ride in the South Eastern centre now, and really miss my days riding for the Western Centre, especially riding at Craswall. Running the Wye Valley Traders Trial again would be a fantastic idea. I seem to remember the reason that it stopped was that most clubmen found it too hard, and it did too much damage to their machines. Only the likes of Saunders, Braybrook etc used to have any luck, and in the end Trevor Hunt had no choice but to end it, as there were not enough riders. With the real popularity of trials at the moment, I reckon they could get it running again. I would definitely make the journey from Essex to Pontrilas just to watch it! Also I am not sure if it is the same step that you guys are talking about, but the show stopper was always the step at Tremorithic. The observers would stand at the top of the step with a very strong piece of rope with a big hook tied to one end. This hook got a lot of use! The observers would wrap it around a fork, and pull the bike up the step. It was very very big, espeically if it had a torrent of water running down it. I only ever saw Saunders clean all the subs at Tremorithic, and it was magic. BRING BACK THE WYE VALLEY TRADERS TRIAL!!!

Totally argee with you martin to bring back the traders. It would be hell of a trial again and we would get a real national back in the western center!!! The step the other chaps are talking about is CWM STEP, its in a road side gutter, and is a good three foot step of slab, but its an overhung step. Only one line up too, you can see where over the years the edge of it has been worn away by many sump guards. :) NEVER GIVE UP HOPE, IT MAY RUN AGAIN ONE DAY.. Cheers

Totally argee with you martin to bring back the traders. It would be hell of a trial again and we would get a real national back in the western center!!! The step the other chaps are talking about is CWM STEP, its in a road side gutter, and is a good three foot step of slab, but its an overhung step. Only one line up too, you can see where over the years the edge of it has been worn away by many sump guards. :) NEVER GIVE UP HOPE, IT MAY RUN AGAIN ONE DAY.. Cheers

OH YES!!!!!! :D

Edited by mikedabike

• 2 weeks later...

Heres some useless information about "Trem" if your interested.

Sorry Martin but S.S. never actually cleaned all the subs at Tremorithic,

Pre 1991 Trem was 5 continuous subs, then the ACU changed the rules and 5 became 4 (2 double subs) with dead ground in between.

Rob Sartin (J.C.M. I think) was the most recent rider (1990)to ride all 5 subs continuously for just 1 mark.

Then in 1991 Kiwi Stefan Merriman (Aprilia) became the first and only rider ;) to clean Trem, but there was only 4 subs with that much needed rest in between :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Greengrass. How much more useless info u got on "TREM" to tell? And more Traders Stuff? I could sit and read it for hours!! I took a walk up TREM back in the spring,and i got to say thats one fearsome gully!! ;) Cheers

• 2 years later...