Montesa 315?

james111089

Had a couple of 315's, they never let me down apart from the rear spokes breaking.

On my 2nd Scorpa now, the Yam engine is also rather good. I always thought the Beta's were the best for build quality, however recent problems with ignition systems has spoilt this opinion for me.

I suppose... with anything mechanical, if you get a good one it's ok. Get a bad one and you hate it.

SORRY LADS I DON'T AGREE I had a 99, but after 6 trials and 4 months it blew a gasket out from above the reed valve, warranty???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no one wanted to know, an ex british champ who works on them said it wasn't put together properly?! It cost me

Did you buy the 99 new or secondhand?

If new then i think that you have ben VERY unlucky, and your warranty should have been honoured. (Sale of goods act, and all that)

If however it was secondhand, then any previous owner with the mechanical aptitude of a babboon could have rebuilt it badly, which is hardly the bikes fault.

I am on my third mont. 99 & 03 315. Apart from a couple of broken back spokes,and the silencer wearing through against the tyre, had absolutely no mechanical problems. Saying that, the filters were cleaned after every trial, clutch oil every 4 or 5 outings,linkages every three months etc. if you look after a bike, it will look after you. Have recently replaced the 03 with a 4rt. I did think of other bikes but, having seen most other makes in bits at various trials, decided to stick with montesa

Did you buy the 99 new or secondhand?

If new then i think that you have ben VERY unlucky, and your warranty should have been honoured. (Sale of goods act, and all that)

If however it was secondhand, then any previous owner with the mechanical aptitude of a babboon could have rebuilt it badly, which is hardly the bikes fault.

I am on my third mont. 99 & 03 315. Apart from a couple of broken back spokes,and the silencer wearing through against the tyre, had absolutely no mechanical problems. Saying that, the filters were cleaned after every trial, clutch oil every 4 or 5 outings,linkages every three months etc. if you look after a bike, it will look after you. Have recently replaced the 03 with a 4rt. I did think of other bikes but, having seen most other makes in bits at various trials, decided to stick with montesa