06 280 Pro Bike Mega!

physco

I RODE MY NEW FOR THE SCOTT TRIAL OUT OF THE BOX 06 280 PRO BIKE.FITTED RENTHAL 7/8th BARS AND LEFT EVERYTHING ELSE STOCK.THE BIKE NEVER MISSED A BEAT ALL DAY DESPITE MY BEST EFFORTS TO DROWN IT AT ORGATE.I FITTED A NEW DID CHAIN WHICH I ADJUSTED ABOUT FIVE TIMES,IT CAME OF AT ROTTEN WOOD TRYING TO GET OVER A STUPID LOG BUT THAT WAS ALL I DID TO IT.BEFORE THE EVENT I DID APPROX EIGHT HOURS RIDING ON IT JUST TO MAKE SURE NOTHING WOULD DROP OFF.SUPERB MACHINE AND WOULD SUGEST ANY BODY WHO HAS NOT TRIED ONE TO GIVE IT A GO,I MEAN THE BIKE NOT THE SCOTT!!.

I ride with the Renthal bars & Renthal clamp set just like Physco does as the Raga set up is just too flat for us old blokes, you'll need to swap over real soon Heath.

I've raised the beautiful standard bars on my Raga Rep by 1 1/4". click me. For me the standard bar were to low, but because the standard bars look so damn sexy I just had to retain them - that's a first for me. R2W (hello mate) is putting rumours about that the standard bars are naff and fail when they do not! :) Its jealousy that drives R2W to make these WILD and OUTRAGOUS STATEMENTS cos he hasn't got a pair :). I could name quite a few riders who's Rental Bars have failed, but can name zero 05 Gas Gas owners who have had bar failure.

Physco, is the power on the 280 smooth and progresive like on the 300?

Click: My Sex Tool to see my baby (gods she's so sexy) :)

Edited by spud

I've got a pack set myself but I still prefer the Renthals. The only bars I've ever snapped are a pair of the old Hebo braced, frightening when I did but hilarious trying to ride back to the car with only one side attached to the bike.

Just had a look at my bars. The castings and joints look up to the job. Therefore I can see only two reasons for the clamp problem. 1) The bars were sitting oddly in the clamps when they were tightened down and so moved 2) The bars were fitted correctly, but were not tightened down properly.

I'd go for the second reason.... just thought of another reason... Could it be a foreign object got trapped when the bars were being fitted/adjusted.

Perhaps all concerns with these clamps should be expressed to Gas Gas directly. This could be a very serious problem if the clamps are found to be duff. I'm thinking of riders entering the SSDT or road based trials and the clamps breaking whilst the rider is travelling at speed.

Edited by spud

I just got a 06 300 and its magic. Only just run it in so cant wait to get out and win some trials on it. :)

Lots of people say the raga bars are too low and space them up. the cheaper hebo tapered bars are high, like 5" or so. theres still quite a few pairs at gasgas Uk.

Just couldnt resist adding my two pennarth (yorkshire for my opinion) as already stated it is the clamps and not the bars that are the problem I had the clamps snap on my 05 bike when it was only 8 month old and there wasnt any obvious reason for it just a failure due to poor design (look at the amount of material around the pivot pin) especially once a little corrosion takes place between pin and clamp, I was advised to use renthal fat bar clamps as most of the uk gas gas team riders seem to, they are a far better clamp.

p.s. no i dont work for renthal.

ausy.