260 Seat For My 2016 300Rr

desmo_kid

Does anyone know where I can buy the seat that comes with the 260?  I heard that it fits the 300RR and want to use it to access trails by riding on the street and I'm thinking the seat will help keep me from getting stopped, along with the fake lights I will put on. 

I need to reduce the chance of getting stopped, so things that look like lights, and a seat, will greatly reduce that chance.  As far as tire wear, only going a 2 to 3 miles.  If I park my truck at the trails the law will have me sussed out in no time.  But if I park a couple miles away and quickly unload my bike from a van, I can do a quick turn in on the trails and nobody will ever figure out I'm out there.  Stick the fake seat behind a tree, go have fun, nobody will hear me on the Montesa.  

This is one thing about electric....the ability to ride totally unheard.  Folks perceive them differently too.  Gas engines + 2 wheels = bad to many people.  Battery power = toy. Can't wait til there are really good adult electric ones.   

Nobody told me I should have checked with you first, forgive me.  

For the record, owner could not care less but wants discretion.  Does not want the loud crowd, nor the rowdy crowd.  Therefore no parking there.  Hence, my riding there and a quick turn in.

Thank you again for educating me, 5 decades riding so I'm a newbie about all things motorcycling, including image,  

desmo_kid wrote:

"Nobody told me I should have checked with you first, forgive me.

For the record, owner could not care less but wants discretion. Does not want the loud crowd, nor the rowdy crowd. Therefore no parking there. Hence, my riding there and a quick turn in.

Thank you again for educating me, 5 decades riding so I'm a newbie about all things motorcycling, including image,"

You're welcome.

Strange that you should be so concerned about evading police attention when your activity is so acceptable and above board.

desmo_kid wrote:

"Nobody told me I should have checked with you first, forgive me.

For the record, owner could not care less but wants discretion. Does not want the loud crowd, nor the rowdy crowd. Therefore no parking there. Hence, my riding there and a quick turn in.

Thank you again for educating me, 5 decades riding so I'm a newbie about all things motorcycling, including image,"

You're welcome.

Strange that you should be so concerned about evading police attention when your activity is so acceptable and above board.

Looking to run a section of back road 1 or 2 miles without standing up on a motorcycle, which causes any folks to look, and police are folks.  

Feel like I'm attracting the politically correct police here or something.  

Looking to run a section of back road 1 or 2 miles without standing up on a motorcycle, which causes any folks to look, and police are folks.  

Feel like I'm attracting the politically correct police here or something.  

OK, no animosity intended.

For myself, if I was travelling just one or two miles I'd put up with sitting on the bike (not standing) as it is. As I think someone has pointed out, riders in the SSDT do this for many miles at a time. Given the huge cost of a genuine Montesa seat, if I did need one I'd look at making one myself using an old seat from another bike as a start point or using dense foam covered in vinyl and Velcro straps so that it would be quickly detachable as you require. In fact I'd look on this as an enjoyable project in place of spending all that cash!

OK, no animosity intended.

For myself, if I was travelling just one or two miles I'd put up with sitting on the bike (not standing) as it is. As I think someone has pointed out, riders in the SSDT do this for many miles at a time. Given the huge cost of a genuine Montesa seat, if I did need one I'd look at making one myself using an old seat from another bike as a start point or using dense foam covered in vinyl and Velcro straps so that it would be quickly detachable as you require. In fact I'd look on this as an enjoyable project in place of spending all that cash!

Thank you for your nice message, and I retract anything sounding "biting"!  

I have wondered about sitting on the plastic.  Are these really strong enough for sitting on, is that considered standard practice?  If so, I indeed will sit on that, with a simple foam pad I'll make.

I figured (never having seen one) that the seat lined up with the screws and would avoid pressure on the plastic.  But, if sitting on plastic is OK, I shall do that.  I'm curious what folks say about that.

Thanks.

Yes indeed, standard practice to sit on the plastic area, it takes the weight fine. You'll find your legs quite bent of course, riders going any distance in trials which use roadwork sometimes relax by resting the shin of their boots on the footrests, but I guess that really would look a bit "lacking in due care and attention" to any passing policemen.

I should add that I go back to the days when trials riders routinely used their bikes as daily transport. Comfort wasn't an issue, everybody just got on with riding whatever they owned (and never seemed to get stopped by the police).

Edited by cleanorbust