03 Pro 125 Fork Seal Fitment?

glynn

Those older forks are not that difficult and go just like mentioned above in the video. Might be some differences, but with some mechanical skills you should do just fine. I think those closed cartridges were 2007ish +

Get ready to get dirty, remove the forks, undo the allen bolds (and tops), pump old oil out. Undo the dustseal and spring which is on top of the seal. Than pul the inner forks out and the seal will come with. Mount in reverse order. FIll (search for air chamber) and let the air out.

Thanks for all the comments, think I have got it now! however, the allen bolt at the bottom of the fork leg is extremely tight, will not budge at all, its just regular thread right? not backwards thread? I will put the forks in a vise later to try and get it open.

Got the top and bottom bolt out, all oils out yet I cannot seem to get the internals (spring etc) out as I seen a video, they seem fixed? and to pull the seal out I need to pull on the station to drive it out right?

You can take the cap of by pulling the spring in a bit, then there is a ??17mm?? nut. You can pull the spring down, put a key on it, and then it will be stuck so you can release the spring again and take the cap off. Than you can remove the cap and pull the spring off.

By pulling the inner leg the leg will pull out the seal.(first the clip/spring under the dust seal!)

You have to remove the dust seal and then the clip underneath. Put the lower leg in a vice and it will pull apart, but it takes a lot of force.

PS. Screw the cap back on to do this, but just finger tight.

Edited by lineaway

Forks rebuilt with new seals, all ready for my 5w oil arriving tomorrow  :hyper: , what is meant by leaving an "air chamber"? im guessing its a space of air space left in the forks after filling the oil (300ml each?) so that it can compress correctly, as the oil cannot be compressed??

Yeah, a lot of forks are not filled with a determined amount of oil, but have to be set to a corect air chamber height. You can also tune the suspension a bit with it. THe correct height for my forks is 160mm, but yours could be different because its a 125.