Sam Connor

nigel dabster

Its easy possibly to overlook Sam a little in the grand scheme of things at WTC level, but following on from the announcement in TMX I understand he is not going to do a full year at the WTC next year.

He has given it his best shot tried to be as professional as possible and had some decent results and achieved a 12th overall position. OK with Doug he was never going to be the bestof British but he has done amazingly well and how many of us will never ever have got to anywhere like this grade even if we had done the same things. None is my guess. So a big well done and to achieve what he did is nothing to be less than very proud of. Good job!

It was mentioned on here a while ago that Sam is as good as retiring from the World scene. He's a top bloke and I personally wish him all the best. We've had some great banter at the world events this year and he'll be sadly missed in the paddocks. I did email my contact at TSC for an update on his injury sustained at the Brit Round in Lochaber, but got no response :)

Sam, is an ambassador to UK trials and should win the British Championship in 2006. He won the SSDT this year and by doing so beat Graham. I was at the Hawkstone Park GP and noted the mega sections were all in Sam's grasp, but for one thing, he's not 8-stone boy. This is no disrespect to Sherco but as the SSDT winner perhaps Sam could have had a more tricked up bike for the World rounds, perhaps. From my understanding Sam's bike was stock apart from a head skim, yes this would be enough for most riders, but Sam's abilities lead me to think a full factory ported, big bore machine may have been more to his liking. Perhaps Sherco will offer Sam a full factory bike in 2006. What ever pursuit Sams career takes him in I would still like to think this is not the end, not by a long way!

I too would like to think its not the last we'll here of Sam, and I believe that its not anyway??!!

Of course, you're right Dabster...its easy for us mere mortals to diminish what these kind of guys are doing!...just to complete a world round gets my total respect!

Sam Connor!!!!... sheiks... :)

He rides World rounds and is 13th in the World in 2005. He's won the SSDT, Southern Expert Championship, was in the winning team for the UK's 2005 inter centre team trial and stand at the right hand side of the lord!!! below is a little further info on Sam Connor.

2004-

2nd place World Team Championship GB

14th place World Championship (*Injury)

3rd British Championship

2nd International Scottish 6 Days Trial

2003-

1st place World Team Championship GB

15th place World Championship

3rd British Championship

9th International Scottish Six Days Trial

2002-

1st place World Team Championship GB

17th place World Championship

3rd British Championship

4th European Championship (Illness*)

2001-

2nd World Team Championship GB

23rd World Championship

2nd European Championship

1st place Italian round of European Championship.

(* due to Foot and Mouth Disease, all UK trials incl. the Scottish Six Days Trial were suspended throughout this year)

2000-

First professional season.

19th World Championship.

3rd World Junior Championship.( Due to a change in the rules, this was the last chance Sam had to compete in this series)

4th European Championship.

3rd British Adult Championship.

3rd International Scottish Six Days Trial.

3rd Trial Des Nations British Team.

1999-

4th European Championship

4th British Adult Championship.

1998-

10th in British Adult Championship (Injured this year)

11th in International Scottish Six Days Trial

1997-

10th British Adult Championship (Injured this year)

Winner of the famous Pinhard Prize.

1996-

1st in Schoolboy A Class British Championship.

3rd in Adult British Experts.

Craig,

I think that your response was very tacky!

Sam is a really nice guy and your negative response was not only tacky but very unprofessional.

I had the pleasure of helping him with his bike at the 2004 World Round and found him and his brother Tim to be outstanding young men. They are both excellent representatives of the sport.

Wayne