Y2K 315R Front Brake Options

manxmann3

Hi

Compared to my 2012 beta evo the mont front brake is poor

I don't mind spending a few quid of better brake. I'm not too worried on sticking to original montesa specs

Can brand new modern gasgas,sherco or others brakes fit straight on?

Thanks

If you can't get Goldfren pads easy the Galfer red pads get great reviews.  and I agree, clean, flush, and scotch or emery cloth, and ride in the pads and you will likely find them better than ever. 

" flush out all the old brake fluid from the system,refill with new and bleed all the air out until the lever has a solid feel,then fit some new Goldfren pads with S33 pad material."

This DOES NOT mean flush the system with brake cleaner! Simply exchange the fluid, if you must.

Many times the brakes will firm right up and perform well if the pads are not contaminated by simply dragging the brake for a bit to get some heat into them, then steaming them off by dousing with water. From a bottle!

• Like 1

Dose everything seem like it's working well other than just not braking well? If so it is likely bad pads...

Or it is more like the lever is great during the bleeding process but just doesn't seem to work well afterwards, hard pull, stiff? If so its the calipers not the master.

Or the lever is all soft when your done? Then it's likely the master.

There is no guarantee I am correct on cause but my past experience with brakes I would expect this to be the case... And good luck.