Scorpa Owners

supersprox

I really like my Scorpa. I had a good second hand one in 2002 and kept it for two years with no problems. Following a season with Gas Gas and a brief (electrically challenged) time on a new Rev 3, I've purchased a new 05 SY250.

Being an old (over 40) club rider, I find that a slow action throttle helps me in the muddy sections which we get in the Midlands.

I really rate the Scorpa, and there are few quality problems to worry about.

It's not exactly cutting edge and it certainly isn't the lightest but after 12 months it won't look like an old wreck unlike some bikes I've owned.

For me, it will do much much more than I will ever ask it to, and it flatters my very limited ability.

I am a novice trials rider, but have been riding "regular" dirt bikes for 35 years, mainly in the woods. I bought an '03 SY-250 Long Ride last spring, and I am very satisfied. A more advanced rider might have a different opinion as the bike has a more mellow response (heavier flywheel?) than a GasGas or Sherco, but for me, an overgrown, semi-old guy novice, it's perfect.

The only problem I have had is that the primary muffler (small expansion chamber) split when the engine backfired during starting. I have since found that this does not happen if you give the bike a solid kick. Otherwise, the bike has been completely trouble free.

18 started the 2005 SSDT, 18 finished... I think that says it all.

Only real problems were about 10 of them splitting the exhaust centre box and a couple overheating, probably due to hammering them on the roads with blocked radiator fins (i.e.mud).

In SSDT 2004 a guy came in with a petrol tank broken into a few pieces. Difficult one to overcome out on the hills!

New '06 SY250 Scorpa will arrive tomorrow for No. 1 son to ride next season after 6 years on Sherco.

Big John

Judging by the smile on his face the last few times out I thought he was planning to ride your Tiger Cub next year! Or is the Scorpa a 'bribe' to keep him from riding the cub!