Billy Green docked "5" for stopping

4ourtea

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

Fair enough yes but what about the second section he rides in that video,  he tries to go over a rock and ends up hopping backwards and sideways off it. After this the observer is still indicating clean, he fives it later on anyway. 

Not consistent really is it ?

Oh i totally agree, he gets away with murder 99% of the time. I only posted that because it was nice to see him getting a five for once

A rider who completed the SSDT riding near DL most days reckoned that if no stop observing had been done properly DL would have been on nearer 50 marks than 1.

Regarding club / centre level observing I think that an online education video (so long as its done properly) would improve things greatly. also hand out a card of observing instructions to all riders & observers.

At WTC and possible BTC level use technology (Cricket, Tennis  football do). The technology exists as follows. You would need something like a section long reinforced flexible conduit with transponders say every 1000 to 500mm. Each bike carries a transmitter / receiver that calculates its distance from and motion relative to the transponders in the conduit. Stops or deviation from section could be ascertained with a high degree of accuracy. Sensors in the riders boots could also detect footing The transmitter on the bike then sends the outcome to the observer  and or scoreboard at the section where a stronger transmitter could send it on to the control centre for instant results. Completely fair and unbiased for all riders. If WTC can't afford to implement this to stop the present circus they should cease any pretence to WTC being a "professional" competition.

Just thought I would add the following from a previous post. NOTE THE DATE

I agree Stuart.

Full non stop is the answer. If the front wheel ceases moving in a forward direction then you have failed.

Simple to understand for both riders observers and spectators.

Don't blame the ACU though, they adopted FIM rules then the FIM changed them again.

Now even the FIM are talking about non stop again. They are the ones messing us about.