Why isn’t everyone riding Jotagas??

philmario

So after a break in trials riding and after watching Ross Noble I picked up a 2014 Jotagas today and all I can say is what a bike!! I have had beta’s, gas gas etc but this Jgas is absolutely amazing! Seems so well made, looks unbelievable, rides great and is a lot less “busy” than other bikes. Really looking forward to riding again. I don’t know why there are a lot more people riding these bikes. I was in two minds with a 2014 gasgas 300 (had one before) and I am so happy I chose the Jgas. If I ever swap it will be for a newer one. We need to support companies like this and not be scared of being different. Go for it people. You will not be disappointed!!!

Because they as a company have been a nightmare on the PR front, not helped by an importer who knew he would be no longer importing them but continued to make out it was the company who were the problem, yet still not informing his potential customer(s)

I speak from personal, bitter experience :rolleyes:

To answer the question at the top of the thread: because people haven't heard of Jotagas. 

I believe they are excellent bikes,  benefitting from steady development since their introduction, and the current British importer provides a good personal service and can supply any part an owner needs.

I think the last thing the manufacturer seeks to do is dominate the trials market, they have chosen not to pursue aggressive marketing and make bikes because they have a passion for the sport. Whether people buy them in numbers doesn't matter too much to them as long as their costs are covered.

• Like 3

If there are problems with the bike, supply difficuties or whatever it doesnt matter how good the pr is @michael_t it wont sell.

Steve saunders tried and tried and in the end gave up and it was nothing to do with pr.

@philmario unless you are comparing it directly with other nodels its not an objective assesment, and may well be the perfect bike for you. Lets hope nothing unavailable breaks.

I had a 2014 250 which was a great bike,but not without a few niggles,such as air box lid that didn't seal so had to be duct taped which looked awful and it was easy to stall at very low revs.The pluses were grip,excellent suspension,linkage well sealed and long lasting,very good clutch and in my view great looks and steering.Only sold it through lack of faith in the company to be there in the future,Haven Trialsport had the few parts it needed in stock and were very helpful.Resale value is not good which makes them an expensive choice,I feel the TRS is not greatly different and is the better choice now

I've recently purchased a JT300 to run whilst pondering the future of my Cota 247.

Whilst not exactly mainstream in the design and aesthetics department, they do appear to be beautifully crafted and thought-out bikes, broadly reminiscent of the Italian brand TM.

Time will tell in relation to reliability and longevity, but the general consensus raises no real cause for concern from what I've read, with praise indeed for most aspects of ownership.

Can't wait to get out and trial!

• Like 2

I had a 2014 300 and what an amazing Bike. The grip was something else in the mud nothing else cames close. It had all the power I need with being super soft off the bottom and on the tight bits. I wanted a newer one but struggle to find one which was a shame. One of BEST bikes out there....