Tmx Bike Test

the artist formerly known as ish

I did try the 290 at the BVM test day and in Breakheart quarry, on the dry grippy rocks it was excellent. I can't comment on how good it was in the wet as..... it wasn't.

I can certainly agree with the TMX report about the bigger engine having a very user friendly power delivery.

But to me, the Sherco 290 is simply an awesome trials bike.

Only things I found on mine after having it a bit is don’t expect the anodising on the wheels to stay there for too long. (Hardly surprising really) and the area where the inside of your boot rubs the frame is getting tatty and I need to protect it with something which I will do before I ride it again.

Otherwise, I fully agree with the above, it’s a completely different machine to ride than the last 290 I had. Big improvement I reckon. :santa1:

And something else maybe worth mentioning, I have just changed from a Sherco 4T and I have been riding the 290 in a similar style and getting good results.

Particularly with reference to the amount of grip Im getting. Maybe of interest?