Handiling Deep Mud?

Guest sherco dude

is there any tips for handleing deep mud about 90cm? B)

What thats nearlly a meter deep are you sure!!!!!

When there there is deep mud in frond of me get the bike up to speed in 4 and lift the front wheel just before it and then keep the revs going nice and smooth.

Try and not spin the back wheel and that will lose you grip and then you get stuck.

Gavin

Guest sherco dude

yup 90cm for some reason evry 1 has bought new tyres for the trial and i dunno why oh and i cant lift the front wheel its all mud not just one bit B)

I'm sorry but there is no way you will get your bike through 90cm mud unless it is a very short bit. Then just hit it fast with the front lifted.

Are you sure it's 90cm?

9cm or 90mm would be difficult enough in a section. We have a few of those every now and then and then the approach depends very much on the section layout.

Every year about this time I have to ask myself - why do my local CofCs insist on putting me through the deepest mud that they can find ?

Its a lottery to get through it if it's more than axle deep and most of the time someone ends up losing their chain in the section and you end up queuing for hours in the rain.

I don't understand where this type of section fits in a modern trial.

Overthehill has no problem finding the od mile or two of 90cm mud, tends to suck the last breath of life out of man and machine, tha nos that brown peat stuff that turns thi undies into the color of beef curry and Guinness diarrhea.

Why the forces don't use this stuff for carrier landing jets I don't know, all they would need is a big tub of the stuff on the deck of the carrier, speed and weight are of no concern it stops you dead! and also tests the ejection system as you disembark thru the front exit.

I have ridden thru the woods of Leanachen as a late number, some pretty deep holes, but I hear our lad talk about the mile or two of slop they rode near the woods in 2000, was it three foot deep probably not! but I don't think many had the will or desire to measure it.

As you say the whole section being 3 ft deep, think you have to consider the source of the 90cm claim :D

Edited by ishy