Ease Of Maintenance..which Bike Is Best

marky g

After taking the carb off my 01 Sherco for the umpteenth time (in the warmth of my shed) I'm starting to wonder if there is any trails bikes out there where you havn't got to take the rear guard off and the airbox just to get the carb off.

I dread to think if ever I had to get the carb off at a trail after a few muddy laps!! what are Beta's like or Montesa's like??

There's allot to be said for a bike thats user friendly with the spanners in mind B)

The old Sherco seems to be running too lean for my likeing, after fettling with the carb and the ignition timing I'm starting to get p****d off with it.

Same all i have to do is take the tank off and take the slide out of the carb and can get carb off in about 1 minute.

Or you can leave the tank on and take the carb out and pull the trottle cable through if you want so all you have to do is losen the clips and thats it

Gavin

Edited by Wonder Boy

Same all i have to do is take the tank off and take the slide out of the carb and can get carb off in about 1 minute.

Or you can leave the tank on and take the carb out and pull the trottle cable through if you want so all you have to do is losen the clips and thats it

Gavin

Wonder boy...what bike do you ride?

At least Scorpa must have it's **** togethor, seeing as Markyboy hasn't had to have his carb off yet B)

I'm NO expert BUT..I used to just undo the Jubille clips and twist out the carb on my Beta Rev3 BUT...it was knackering the rubber carb sleeves...and was VERY difficult to put back. SO..now I always remove the rear mudguard and airbox...which doesn't bother me...but the threads on the airbox fasteners dont seem to be that strong...in fact...quite a few of the threads on my bike feel like they are made of butter...HOPE they last longer than I think they might!