Brake help

peter_steer

Hoping someone can help with this one . 2016 Beta evo 250 2t . I have replaced the front brake pads and also new piston and seals a few months ago, now I have just noticed that the pads do not appear to be pressing on the whole of the disc. There only seems to be wear on the bottom 3/4 of the disc and that top 1/4 seems unmarked. The brakes work pretty good, but not as sharp as my friends evo when I tried his. The lever feels fairly firm but not as firm as some other bikes that I have felt recently. I have taken the pads out and they appear to angled, being fatter at the bottom, the pistons are all clean and come out and go back in ok. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and can shed any light on it. Thanks in advance.

Hi Lineaway, its a standard evo so it has grimeca parts. But like you say the lever does fade away and sounds a bit creeky when pulled firmley, it hasn't got that nice solid feel like it should. I have ordered a master cylinder seal kit from Lampkins today as I have had trouble with that area in the past with my other evo's and we will see if that improves it.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply, every thing seems to be clean and free from paint, I have put a new seal kit in the master cylinder today, a got a slightly firmer feel on the lever, when I took the pads out and put the two faces together they seemed to be high in the middle ? I have flattened the pads off ( galfers ) on a flat surface and put them back in, I will bed them in again and see if its any better, if not i will put a new set of pads in and go from there. 

Cheers