Ossa Orange Gripper

spud plark

Yes, its a lightner but it's not fixed to the bars. Starts on first or second kick but the float is a bit sticky.

On a side note. I've had a very interesting Chistmas. In my Ossa parts quest I located the man who bought all the Bultaco, Ossa and Montesa machinery and factory bits 'n pieces when they went defunct.

He still makes certain parts from two warehouses near Barcelona. Some of the history and what these factories gave him in the bundle made me weep with envy.

Nice Gripper. I rebuilt one to look like that a few years ago, along with a 350. Sold them both but should have kept them as they were immaculate. Prefered the MAR to ride though so they went.

So the mythical man in a Barcelona warehouse is no longer myth - he exists. I've heard this story on a few occassions over the years but no-one knew of his whereabouts, or even whether he existed.

If you come accross any MAR front exhuast pipes let me know as mine have all had it and I haven't been able to source any (1974/5 chrome version) Original alloy mudguards would be nice too, along with the original type front stays.

I've also had my moments of weeping and envy thinking about who got all that stuff when the factories folded. Still do.... :D

Bellavista..........He makes big ends for most of the european motorcycle manufactures, collects bike stuff just for a hobby and sells a little just for fun, not much Ossa stuff but a lot of Bult/Mont even remanufactures stuff, just for a change from assembling big ends......The last time I was there I told him

he 'would need 3 life times to get rid of all this stuff' I calculated he could build 6 4 speed Bults new from stock, at 6000 euros a piece he take a break from the bigend press! but he's not interested........Next time I'm there I'll

check out the Ossa stuff (about 10 days} There is a little upsurge in interest in Ossa's at the moment along with the first model Monts so keep hold of your Woody. I have both but I let my Bult go, I just never was into Bultaco's.....

Never felt right between the thighs, if you know what I mean.......

Oh well STU beat me to it. His name is Idelfonso Ortega and he nearly bankrupted himself buying all the kit. On the up side he was given a stack of bikes. Some prototypes :D (envy). His company is called Rectificados Bellavista. Recificado meaning rebore.

He is based in Franqueses del Valles about 30 miles north of Barcelona. He is not a Catalan and comes from the southern Spanish province of Jaen. He is near retirement age but I don

Edited by Spud Plark

• 9 months later...