Jump to content

Del Boi

Fantic Champion 247 queries

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I acquired this bike with the hope of giving her a second lease of life at some point, in reality it's a bit cold in the workshop so she's sat there on her own; due to a decline in my health I've lost interest and now wanting to sell her but don't know much about the model - think it's a Champion 247 1990... Can anyone help in identifying and giving me an idea of how much to ask for her please?

DSCN5389.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

1 hour ago, Del Boi said:

Hi all,

I acquired this bike with the hope of giving her a second lease of life at some point, in reality it's a bit cold in the workshop so she's sat there on her own; due to a decline in my health I've lost interest and now wanting to sell her but don't know much about the model - think it's a Champion 247 1990... Can anyone help in identifying and giving me an idea of how much to ask for her please?

DSCN5389.JPG

Its worth £50.....I'll be round in 30 minutes with cash. ..........Value probably around £1,300 up ..... to a real Fantic fan they may pay up toward the £2000 in an auction sale  but Those type of buyers will be few.

Edited by oni nou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

In my honest opinion your Fantic 247 is worth about £800 presuming the engine runs with working brakes, clutch, forks shock etc. The more that need fixing the price may go down.

However the bike looks a nice easy project being complete and original, that would be important to me. New rear mudguard, silencer and expected consumables it could be back to it's former glory!

I recently sold a very original and nice Fantic 309 with no faults for £1500 and a while before I let go my 307 go for £1250. Both had lots of money spent and were ready to ride. Unfortunately not all Fantics are worth big money. 

Good luck  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 hours ago, fantic240motor said:

In my honest opinion your Fantic 247 is worth about £800 presuming the engine runs with working brakes, clutch, forks shock etc. The more that need fixing the price may go down.

However the bike looks a nice easy project being complete and original, that would be important to me. New rear mudguard, silencer and expected consumables it could be back to it's former glory!

I recently sold a very original and nice Fantic 309 with no faults for £1500 and a while before I let go my 307 go for £1250. Both had lots of money spent and were ready to ride. Unfortunately not all Fantics are worth big money. 

Good luck  

 

That's a bit depressing ....I actually first replied that it was about £700 and thought that to be high ...personally the most I would be willing to pay for a bike like that would be £450 taking into account what you would probably need to spend on it .......but then I just took into account the ridiculous prices that people ask and pay for old bits of scrap on Ebuy auctions and the ludricous prices people think pre 65 bikes are worth  and felt like being the bringer of better news with a more positive outlook....but that's all gone now.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

As its a mono you are into the Gas Gas, Beta etc. etc territory and so the price to a buyer would need to reflect the better accessability to parts for the newer stuff.? Your bike looks ok from the picture but enlarging the view brings up a few visual faults some as mentioned by oni nou. If I saw your bike in the flesh and could check everything and have the bike running to make sure everything worked as it should then I’d probably be looking at making a sensible offer? but knowing the nightmares that can be lurking within those forks, crankcases, rear damper unit I’d be aimimg lower. I’ve seen one just like your’s at a low price, less than has been mentioned. Keep it and wait for the warmer weather, your health might have improved ....I seriously hope that it does.....then you can have a project to occupy your spare time??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
6 hours ago, fantic240motor said:

In my honest opinion your Fantic 247 is worth about £800 presuming the engine runs with working brakes, clutch, forks shock etc. The more that need fixing the price may go down.

However the bike looks a nice easy project being complete and original, that would be important to me. New rear mudguard, silencer and expected consumables it could be back to it's former glory!

I recently sold a very original and nice Fantic 309 with no faults for £1500 and a while before I let go my 307 go for £1250. Both had lots of money spent and were ready to ride. Unfortunately not all Fantics are worth big money. 

Good luck  

 

Out  of interest how much money did you lose on your 307 after you restored it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Nothing lost really. It cost about the same as the sale price to buy and restore it but I used it a lot over a couple of years so the time and money invested paid dividends. 

Picture of it after competing in the Cambridge Matchless MCC Brian Stonebridge trial 2016. 

 

20190131_073945.jpg

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Thanks everyone, I think I'll hang on to it & maybe find the motivation to sort it one day. it is running, brakes clutch are working good. I have already bought a new mudguard when I got the bike, I just lost interest after the illness.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
7 minutes ago, Del Boi said:

Thanks everyone, I think I'll hang on to it & maybe find the motivation to sort it one day. it is running, brakes clutch are working good. I have already bought a new mudguard when I got the bike, I just lost interest after the illness.  

Keep it long enough and you can watch it make £10,000 at at Stavs investment Emporium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...