Jump to content

freelander andy

triumph tiger cub

Recommended Posts

 

Depends upon how late you crank cases are. The chances are yes if you are replacing an older type pump. Chris at Meriden off road can advise either way as he does a conversion kit and can also machine the case if required.

Photo shows later pump fitted.  Web on left of pump has to be machined to clear pump slider blocks.  You also need a longer drive spindle to run the later type pump.  These all add up!

I also just put an upgraded Morgo standard pump in one of my Cubs which has worked fine for the past 10 years.

Hope this helps.

 

Bruce

oil leak gearbox.JPG

Edited by brucey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

thank you the engine come to me in bits on the left side case says m all got old type pumps. also crank has wear on oil feed stub  crank going to box it up and send it to Chris now  yes it a cost me  on your engine can see the webbing needs to be machined  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
47 minutes ago, brucey said:

Depends upon how late you crank cases are. The chances are yes if you are replacing an older type pump. Chris at Meriden off road can advise either way as he does a conversion kit and can also machine the case if required.

Photo shows later pump fitted.  Web on left of pump has to be machined to clear pump slider blocks.  You also need a longer drive spindle to run the later type pump.  These all add up!

I also just put an upgraded Morgo standard pump in one of my Cubs which has worked fine for the past 10 years.

Hope this helps.

 

Bruce

oil leak gearbox.JPG

Like a little sweet watch, how good does that pump look👍🙂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
5 hours ago, section swept said:

Like a little sweet watch, how good does that pump look👍🙂

Err, yup.....I have to admit, I got a bit carried away after that!

 

Armac case progress 10.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
10 hours ago, brucey said:

Err, yup.....I have to admit, I got a bit carried away after that!

 

Armac case progress 10.JPG

I bet thats a beautiful machine to ride too! Everything braced, supported and sorted. I wish I had something like this in my garage🤔👍🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×