Help identifying a technique

y4m4

I came across this video and was wondering what this technique is. It looks like half of a double blip. Maybe a zap, but the more I read about the zap VS double blip, the more confused I am as to what the difference is.

In this video, Mori-san pops the bike over a log by simultaneously revving the engine and letting go of the clutch. In some attempts there is a small bounce. He does the same thing over a rock. When going over the rock, the faster attempts look like a double blip to me.

If you have the patience for videos you don't understand, this channel has some interesting content. Like a demonstration of riding an XT250 Serow up a rock taller than the bike is.

On 6/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, Canario said:

Looks like practicing gas and clutch control for a zap. I will give it a try next time on the bike.

See -> here.

I don't understand a word but would love to have him as a trainer.

I don't understand any of it either, but it makes me focus even more on what he's doing with the bike and hand gestures. If I can glean this much from Mori-san, despite the language barrier, he is probably a pretty good instructor. He does have a few instructional videos with English overdubbing: 

I'm planning to ride tomorrow, I'll try to find a log in the trail somewhere to see how many times I can loop my bike.

• Thanks 1

Worth noting that if you turn on closed captions (cc) with the little cc symbol on the bottom of a youtube video you can set auto translate to English - unfortunately the translations are not always that great but it is better than nothing if you are watching videos in foreign languages... even come in handy if it is a Scott talking - LOL !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, michael_t said:

Worth noting that if you turn on closed captions (cc) with the little cc symbol on the bottom of a youtube video you can set auto translate to English - unfortunately the translations are not always that great but it is better than nothing if you are watching videos in foreign languages... even come in handy if it is a Scott talking - LOL !

Thank you very much for that hint. I didn't know this function before.
Many of the translations are quite funny and require a lot of imagination. But, as you already wrote, better than nothing.

The best translation is "music" when a GasGas goes through the picture and "car" when the Repsol Montesa is heard. ?