Rear Suspension Bearings

ali

Whatever the bearings are called for the top and bottom of the suspension, I couldn't find an exact match for them t a bearing supplier. I've put a couple in mine that are right apart from the width (a little too narrow). Work fine but I'd rather the real thing if anybody manages to get the number for them.

Bit of a rip off for the real thing - don't remember how much I was quoted, but the ones from Bearing Man were that cheap my mate gave me them.

I think they must be a special size as they are even listed on the SKF website, they do some similar but like the one you have i.e. a bit thinner 10mm instead of 12mm.

The proper ones do come with new seals and bushes I think.

Replaced every suspension bearing on my 2000 sherco, and my sons 99 sherco, easy enough to fit however had too take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for it...... Both bikes still have a bit of play in them and six months down the track are back to their old sloppy selves!

Sorry guys I now ride a SY much less maintainance!!!!!!!

Ah that would be the perfect bike then one that doesn't reqiure any maitainence! Scorpa or Sherco, Sherco every time for me, I just couldn't bear the thought of riding with an ancient engine, water pump which wants to be removed by rocks, carburettor which its difficult to drop off if needed like the above, shall I go on? :)

Hey we will have to talk about this in 10 years time Nigel and see who's bike is still around! I still love my sherco but can't stand replacing and repacking those linkages, surly a better way of protecting the bearings could have been developed over six years of refinement?

I recently stripped down the rear linkage. They were pretty much seized up. I soaked the dog bones in petrol for about half an hour. Then slowly started to work the barings free. Resoaking when needed. Once they were reasonably free to move i blasted must of the gunk out using wd40 and cleaned with a rag. Once the barings spun freely, I packed them in grease and reinstalled to the bike. Make sure that all the bolts and washers are clean, greased and replaced in the correct position. Now the backend is lively again. Ok not as good replacing with new but worth the effort.

There are .pdf instructions on the sherco web site.

click here -> sherco maintainence

choose -> Sherco Setup and Lubrication Guide

adobe acrobat will be needed to view