2019 GasGas clutch differences

smarty156

Before you go crazy buying stuff you may not need, check whats going on there. I've owned 2012/14/17/19 Gassers. All the clutches were easy to make light. My mates 14 model is as light as my 19 if not lighter. You could operate it with your little finger all day long. I suspect you have another problem.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just to come back on this, I did have an issue with the clutch that I'd been trying to resolve for a while now. I was asking about the lightness and changes to the 2019 clutch for info as I was going to be changing things anyway.

My issue was that when releasing the clutch quickly (like launching at a step) there would be a momentary delay (sometimes) between releasing the clutch and the clutch actually engaging.

Well, long story short, discovered the top hat was quite rough, as was the recess in the clutch basket that it goes into. Sorted both and while i was at it changed to Kevlar clutch plates. 

Clutch is now very light and it bites much better than before. Love the Kevlar plates. Take lots of abuse and not had to adjust the bite point once.

Just in case it helps others.