Riding a 4RT

mercuryrev

1 hour ago, Johnny Reggie said:

Ps. let us know how it ends ??

That'll be a while sadly, probably not until March, unless something pops up.

My biggest problem is living here in France where there are so few trials and even fewer local shops. Getting a test ride is probably not going to happen, unless I stumble on a secondhand one. Hence my questions on how they ride. I recently called into Dherbey Moto, probably the biggest trials shop in the world and even though they have test bikes and a test ground, they weren't any Monts available to ride. The list price here is just under 9k euros, so it's a bit of an expensive gamble, even if used prices are high. A two stroke Beta is around 2k less and comes with a 2 year warranty here.

I'm lucky enough to have plenty of time to ride and a few places to ride, albeit at least an hour away. I'm going to be spending a lot of time just riding and enjoying a trials bike again. The question I have to decide on is, do I want to just buy a 2T and relearn a few things I've forgotten, or do I also want to learn how to ride a Montesa at the same time. 

17 hours ago, mercuryrev said:

Thanks for your reply, really useful stuff.

How would you compare the initial power to a 2T? 

I would agree with duggan that its stronger off the low end to mid range. but also think Johnny is correct that they are a bit stronger the whole range. Only loosing a touch at the very top over a 2T but even then not by much.

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 1