OSSA still in business?

fordigas

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

My understanding is they didn’t really merge with GasGas, but they did have a production and parts distribution agreement.  So when GasGas went under, they no longer had a factory or warehouse.

Of course, the story I was told is the whole reason to do this agreement was to save money, secure more loans and both companies to keep afloat.  So I assume OSSA was barely afloat anyway.

I have communicated withe the ‘owner’ that has claimed several times to ‘be ready for production soon’- of course that didn’t happen.  I did see they were making bicycles, but I do not know what has happened with that.

personally, I’m disappointed it could not keep producing bikes. I found them to be excellent (a bit of teething issues at first).  For my use, I would have liked a little more robust suspension linkage setup and a better ‘easy start’.  Interestingly, the 2012 Explorer I have in my shop right now has a little battery- so fuel pump runs when the key is turned on.  Makes it easier to start I think (like my ‘super easy start’ setup).

But indeed- they have not produced bikes since the 2015 model as far as I’ve been able to determine.  

And no, not at all like the 1970 model, in name and place of construction only.