Water In Gear Box

kenny123

Another good reason to get it sorted is that the gearbox oil lubricates the main crank bearings. Not cheap to replace and you'll have to dismantle the whole engine.

Tony

It does?? I'm new to GG, but I've never heard of that before in a 2 stroke. The fuel/oil mix is what lubricates everything in the crank area. Oil in the transmission and clutch is separate. Crank main bearing lubing is the biggest stumbling block in direct injection 2strokes. Once that is solved, 4strokes will be dead again.

'tis true... the gearbox oil lubes the crank bearings. Another good reason for changing the gearbox oil regulaly. Make sure it is ATF Dexron3... very cheap at the moment at Texaco garages. They take approx 400ml and a 500ml bottle from the texaco garages are 75p a time...

The Pro does sometimes have a few problems with the gear selector spring breaking off and if it does jam into the gear teath of the clutch it will get ground up and travel around like grinding paste !!

WOW ! Are other manufacturers doing this too ? Let the injection begin !

i got the dexron auto transmission fluid. but is that not for automatics? it also says dexronII on it???? is this the right stuff

Thats what ATF is... automatic transmission fluid. I don't even know if you can buy dexronII in north america... what kinds of cars you brits have running around there. (don't answer I will just get jealous) Its probably ok, but gasgas recommends III so...

I've had a few 2 strokes since the 70's and atf is all I have used.