sherco 320 2005 general questions

shercolove

Hi guys, my first post ever :)

I am totaly new to trials, but i have been riding enduro for quite some time.

Just got a sherco 320 mainly becouse i wanted to try one, and i dont know anybody that has one.....and it was dirt cheap :) (exhaust is not stock, it was said it doesnt run, gas tank is trash, carb is not original, no front tire etc.)

When i got it home it started after a few kicks and ran fine at idle but would not rev up (bogged when turned the throttle.

I started to tear it apart and foud out the carb is from a 2STROKE reaaal old with the 2 round floats (MIKUNI sometning) so my question is what is the original carb 4 this bike.

It apperantly has a AM tuning 350ccm kit and pickup (it is stampted on the left cover) and some other stuff...cant find anything on the internet about that ?

The owner said the original tank wouldt fit becouse of the 350 kit (he said the head is 2 cm higher with i dont belive) so tey made a nw one out of some sort of resin or fiber or something but the problem is it desolves in gasoline (idiots) so the petcock filter gets cloged in a few minutes and the carb also. Ill probably bud my own one out of aluminium.

The problem is i cant find any info about 320 2005 nor any parts on ebay...

any help will be apreciated :)

thanks

Luka from slovenija

20200613_004040.jpg

20200613_004046.jpg

• Like 1

dell'orto  VHST carb stock     later models came with Keihin PWK     some with Keihin PWK and the Sherco prompt system which was sort of an accelerator pump

That ignition cover is a lot different than stock. There are some good vids of Cabestaney riding this bike very well.

Most of the bike is shared with the 2 stroke models, worth looking on splatshop's site to see what is available. Sherco is very good at making improvements to parts & continuing with the same part number if it interchanges

2005 was the first model 320 from memory & it was far from sorted, I can remember the importer at the time here in New Zealand having the engine die a lot when hopping the front wheel. The later carb mods improved that as well as hot starting 

Thanks for the answers!

I guess im going to buy the keihin pwk 28 becouse i could modd it afterwards.

Tony27, it is the first year of 320  yes...

Can anybody confirm if the original tank would still fit? The previous owner said the head is raised by a good cm becouse of the 350 kit..witch is not loggical to me...as far as i know the bore is bigger and not the stroke?

And is it possible to fit a newer tank and an exhaust from like 2010?...i cant seem to find any parts for 2005...and also an exhaust from a 250 is nit a good idea on a 320 i suppose.

Thanks again for the feedback ?

Not many 4t shercos around, even less 2005 4ts! The frame changed in 2006 to accommodate the 4t engine so tank wise i don't think so. The 2006 onwards tank has a tongue at the top that slides underneath a lug, whereas the 2005 has a hole for a bolt above the cap. 2 stroke wise 2001->2005 all had the same tank, but i would bet money they wouldn't fit. Looking at your second pic, the 2 stroke tank clearly hangs beneath the frame, your head and carb are right up against the frame, the carb is even between the frame rails

Heres a couple of good quality pics of your bike from factory, maybe you can judge the head height from here

http://www.triallinks.com/sherco2005.html

Edited by faussy