Vertigo Dougie Lampkin replica 2019 worth the buy?

Cooter78

My local Vertigo dealer has a 2019 Vertigo DL12 Dougie Replica 300cc for sale.

Half year old, very little time on it. So basically it is like new.

Is it that much better than a standard Vertigo or just a marketing thing (limited edition - 50 made worldwide / other color decals / titanium silencer)?

I currently ride a 2017 Montesa 300RR, i might consider the Vertigo.

Any help is appreciated.

Greetz Erik

10 hours ago, huski said:

Stay with the Montesa,Proven quality bike.Used Vertigo are almost unsellable in my area

And statements like the one above don't help.... 

I (almost) weekly ride a Vertigo and have done so the last 3 years. Had one small issue on my first Vertigo (2017 model). The current one starts and runs faultless. 
Do you plan buying from Andre (Nonstop)?

• Like 2

I'm in the same situation, 3 weeks ago I picked up a 2019 Vertigo DL 250cc that's only 9 months old. I've been riding 18 months in total. My first bike for that 18 months was a 2016 factory Sherco 250cc, but I've riden almost every other persons bike at my trials club so I have some points of comparison.

I've found it a great bike and very quickly adjusted to it. I have adjusted the rear spring rate up to account for my weight (90kgs) but am waiting to do the front (parts ordered).

In the two or 3 rides since I've got it, I have noticed:

• I am more confident attacking obstacles I am immediately in front of (normally I'd have needed more of a run up). This has been in part the fly wheel weight and linear power delivery allows me to get up AND over things in a more controlled manner.
  • It feels lighter (not weighed it) and feels like I can throw it around more. I can't really hop and nose wheelie, but the small attempts on it feel more natural.
  • Suspension even though not fully dialed in is an upgrade (sherco had tech forks but not as nice as the ones on the DL and ohlins rears shock)

Cons:

• The fan is noisy
  • Maintenance is an art in such tight spaces (changing a spark plug required air box removal, removing the rear shock requires removing the rear brake leaver)
  • Ignore the manual in parts....manual says spark plug should be a BPMR6A, but it fouled a plug first time out...should run a BPMR4A that runs hotter (as per forums here)

Other Observations:

• Standard spring rates on the rear shock are higher than usual. A friend of mine who helped me with the suspension suspects this is due to the fact the shock doesn't travel as far through the stroke as on other trials bikes. Overall travel is equal at the rear axle, but shorter at the shock.
  • I was considering a 2nd hand TRS Gold 250cc (also a 2019)...but was concerned it was 'too nice' and I would be reluctant to try things for fear of scratching it or breaking it!
  • I really like 4 strokes and the other bike I was tempted to get was a 2017 Beta Factory 300CC, but it was offered at a time when I wasn't in a position to take it up.
  • I've tried the 300 Combat 2019 edition and didn't like it...too snappy and abrupt power delivery. I'm sure it could have been tuned to suit or just run it in the rain mode, but the DL on the other hand (although also a 250 so you need to allow for that) feels better due to fly wheel weight and tuning. 300 might be snappier and suit someone more experienced, but for my abilities I'm really glad to have the 250cc.

I've only had 3 weeks but if I had to buy another bike tomorrow, I'd buy another Vertigo Dougie Lampkin edition...I feel like a better rider already.

Edited by trippy-taco
spelling mistake
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tcrhino said:

And statements like the one above don't help.... 

I (almost) weekly ride a Vertigo and have done so the last 3 years. Had one small issue on my first Vertigo (2017 model). The current one starts and runs faultless. 
Do you plan buying from Andre (Nonstop)?

Yes the one at Nonstop could be an option for a next trials bike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trippy-taco said:

I'm in the same situation, 3 weeks ago pickup up a 2019 Vertigo DL 250cc that's only 9 months old. I've been riding 18 months in total. My first bike for that 18 months was a 2016 factory Sherco 250cc, but I've riden almost every other persons bike at my trials club so I have some points of comparison.

I've found it a great bike and very quickly adjusted to it. I have adjusted the rear spring rate up to account for my weight (90kgs) but am waiting to do the front (parts ordered).

In the two or 3 rides since I've got it, I have noticed:

• I am more confident attacking obstacles I am immediately in front of (normally I'd have needed more of a run up). This has been in part the fly wheel weight and linear power delivery allows me to get up AND over things in a more controlled manner.
  • It feels lighter (not weighed it) and feels like I can throw it around more. I can't really hop and nose wheelie, but the small attempts on it feel more natural.
  • Suspension even though not fully dialed in is an upgrade (sherco had tech forks but not as nice as the ones on the DL and ohlins rears shock)

Cons:

• The fan is noisy
  • Maintenance is an art in such tight spaces (changing a spark plug required air box removal, removing the rear shock requires removing the rear brake leaver)
  • Ignore the manual in parts....manual says spark plug should be a BPMR6A, but it fouled a plug first time out...should run a BPMR4A that runs hotter (as per forums here)

Other Observations:

• Standard spring rates on the rear shock are higher than usual. A friend of mine who helped me with the suspension suspects this is due to the fact the shock doesn't travel as far through the stroke as on other trials bikes. Overall travel is equal at the rear axle, but shorter at the shock.
  • I was considering a 2nd hand TRS Gold 250cc (also a 2019)...but was concerned it was 'too nice' and I would be reluctant to try things for fear of scratching it or breaking it!
  • I really like 4 strokes and the other bike I was tempted to get was a 2017 Beta Factory 300CC, but it was offered at a time when I wasn't in a position to take it up.
  • I've tried the 300 Combat 2019 edition and didn't like it...too snappy and abrupt power delivery. I'm sure it could have been tuned to suit or just run it in the rain mode, but the DL on the other hand (although also a 250 so you need to allow for that) feels better due to fly wheel weight and tuning. 300 might be snappier and suit someone more experienced, but for my abilities I'm really glad to have the 250cc.

I've only had 3 weeks but if I had to buy another bike tomorrow, I'd buy another Vertigo Dougie Lampkin edition...I feel like a better rider already.

Thnx for the input.

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Harryktm said:

The replica still in shop Nonstop. You didn't bought it?

No bought a new 2020 TRS Raga Racing 250cc instead. Did a test ride on a Vertigo, GasGas & TRS at Nonstop, Vertigo did not suit my style (position on the bike & balance). TRS & GasGas i felt better on. 

3 hours ago, Cooter78 said:

No bought a new 2020 TRS Raga Racing 250cc instead. Did a test ride on a Vertigo, GasGas & TRS at Nonstop, Vertigo did not suit my style (position on the bike & balance). TRS & GasGas i felt better on. 

Also a good choice. I saw the replica. Nice bike but to much abrupt power. I prefer the 250. Few weeks a ago Nonstop sold a Vertigo 250 2019. I thought maybe you was the new owner. Where do you ride?

43 minutes ago, Harryktm said:

Also a good choice. I saw the replica. Nice bike but to much abrupt power. I prefer the 250. Few weeks a ago Nonstop sold a Vertigo 250 2019. I thought maybe you was the new owner. Where do you ride?

Most of the time i ride in Nunspeet

• 2 months later...
On 10/7/2020 at 6:57 PM, Cooter78 said:

I bought a TRS as well at Nonstop. ;)

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2020 at 6:06 PM, Cooter78 said:

My local Vertigo dealer has a 2019 Vertigo DL12 Dougie Replica 300cc for sale.

Half year old, very little time on it. So basically it is like new.

Is it that much better than a standard Vertigo or just a marketing thing (limited edition - 50 made worldwide / other color decals / titanium silencer)?

I currently ride a 2017 Montesa 300RR, i might consider the Vertigo.

Any help is appreciated.

Greetz Erik

Hi Erik,

do you remember the number of the DL12?

If we talk about the same bike, then it has a new owner now. ?

Regards Canario

On 2/27/2021 at 5:30 PM, Canario said:

Hi Erik,

do you remember the number of the DL12?

If we talk about the same bike, then it has a new owner now. ?

Regards Canario

Hi Canario,

i don’t remember the number for sure, but somehow the number 13 keeps coming back to me. But i see it not being listed anymore on the website of Nonstop motoren, so probably the same bike. Have fun, ride safe.