Back Brake Bleeding

essex rider

If you are really struggling, try and get a big sringe attach a small length of tube and open up the bleed nut on your caliper.

Then fill sringe and force the fluid backwards, this also releases all the air bubbles into the resovoir.

Tighten bleed nut before removing sringe.......JOB DONE <_<

Whos needs a syringe? why you cant bleed back brakes is because there is not enough travel in rear brake cyl rod To push cyl piston enough to force fluid down hose to caliper and suck fluid from reservoir. If that fails then you must have worn cyl seals or leaks?

• 2 weeks later...

My Montesa's rear brake feels weak!

I have no idea how to bleed the rear brake:

So, I took off the brake pedal/push pin. Hook up a syringe to the bleed screw and commenced to drawing oil from the main cylinder, is this correct? I'm simply pulling out the air. I need step by step instructions please, I've got em working, but should have way more braking power, I have new pads in place.

sam :)

Oops, I did not realize this was in the Beta forum! B)

Edited by Sam

My Montesa's rear brake feels weak!

I have no idea how to bleed the rear brake:

So, I took off the brake pedal/push pin. Hook up a syringe to the bleed screw and commenced to drawing oil from the main cylinder, is this correct? I'm simply pulling out the air. I need step by step instructions please, I've got em working, but should have way more braking power, I have new pads in place.

sam  :)

Oops, I did not realize this was in the Beta forum! B)

It's OK Sam we will talk to you.