Another Shabby E-bayer

hughesy

You certainly have to be careful buying bikes on E-bay.If the special Fantic wasn't enough, this guy's trying to sell a TYZ with no airbox or cooling fan. He explains "that it has the usual Yam rattles, yes even watercooled ones rattle". Well what a surprise!

See here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Yamaha-ty250-ty-250-...1QQcmdZViewItem

So I thought I'd ask where they were.

This is his reply:

"Hi there,as the photo clearly shows there is an open filter i didnt bother mentioning it.I didnt even know it should have a cooling fan."

So I explained politely that it most definately should have an airbox and cooling fan and he replied with this:

"Individual filters which do not sit in an airbox are called open filters, like k&ns.Also i dont ever remember seeing tzr's, rd lc's,dtr's,kdx's etc with a cooling fan. Do you? Are you sure you know what your on about!"

I didn't know whether to laugh B) or cry :D

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is to be careful when buying on ebay as some sellers seem to think ignorance is a suitable excuse to sell ****! :D

Edited by Hughesy

Hiya Steve

Bumped into your Dad and Bro at the weekend at the Foster Cup - he was telling me about this immaculate Ty250 Pinky you've got - fancy sticking some pictures up for us all to have a look at ??

Sorry this is a bit off topic, should have pm'd you really I suppose, still there you go!

Woody

Hello Allan,

Good to see you back riding again, I thought the Scottish might have put you off for life! :D Did you enjoy the Foster Cup? Hope to get back riding myself soon, after buying my van I've only used it for one trial in 2 years!

Anyway here's the link's to a previous post showing the Yam after I finished her.

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index....pe=post&id=1975

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index....pe=post&id=1976

Steve

That really is nice Steve - like the back to metal s/arm and the Mick Andrews tailpipe.

I see the shelves in your garage are sagging under the weight of all the cleaning and polishing products !!

The Foster Cup was much under subscribed, I think about 38 in total but a fantastic trial with really superb natural sections and a good ride round.

Hope your knee is on the mend, are you around for the Lomax?

I just asked if it comes with the airbox and fan that are missing in the pictures... that'll do for starters. Now i think you should all come up with some stupid qustion and post it off to him...

Just had this reply from our man ....

hi there, sorry but the airbox is missing.It runs a k&n type filter.I'm not sure whether it should have a fan or not but the bike has always ran ok.Cheers Gav

I cant bring myself to look at this ebay ad. but I'd like to bet that he lives near me....BECAUSE..this IS chav capital of the world..and he certainly sounds like one :D

Sorry if anyone is deeply in love with the area I live in....but it cant just be coincidence that every bloke round here has a ring on every finger and a sooped up boy racer car thingy :D

Ok then there seems to be a lot of people having a problem with the ty i am selling.A little history of the bike first then.The bike came from police auction roughly four years ago.The lad i got it from is a friend of mine and he had it for three years and he used it very often in its current state with no airbox or fan and has never had a mechanical problem with it.The engine does not have a specific rattle as such but seems noisier than other water cooled yamahas i have played with , mostly rd lc's and dtr's.My friend wanted my fireblade streetfighter which i was selling but he didn't have the full amount in cash so i took the ty in px.Now i build streetfighter specials for people in my spare time and not the usual crap like a bandit with twin spots,but proper one off machines so i can assure you that i know one end of a bike from the other.Like i have said in my advert i have only used the bike a few times and because of other peoples projects i just dont get time to ride it.The other reason i am selling which is no fault of the bike itself is that after having a go at trialing i find the bike little fun and the sport itself a little boring.Now i am not here to slag you lot off but i personally enjoy myself a lot more pulling 100+mph wheelies than i do jumping up rocks but I DO understand every man has their own interests and ideas in motorcycling and after watching the trials riders on TV yes i do fully respect the skills you guys have.What gets my beef is people are trying to slag the bike off but i never advertised the bike as 'ready for competition' or 'mint and standard'.There are enough photos of the bike to see all the parts so that nothing is hidden.I knew some parts were missing as stated in the ad but i never knew they came with a fan.In spite of this i never advertised nor am i expecting the bike to make top price.What you see in photos is what you get,if you are not happy with the bike then its simple, don't buy it.I'm not forcing anyone to buy it, thats why its on an auction.There will be a written receipt upon sale with the bike.Thank you for letting me get this off my chest.Cheers Bungle Buns

I must say that although it seems a little odd that there is no fan on the bike, the listing does go into a lot detail and there certainly are enough pictures. What more can the seller do?

I've seen trials bikes advertised on ebay without a picture, and they still get bids.

Now the fantic mentioned earlier, that really is a gem!