Thinking of changing by beta evo 250

pancho247

Hi, looking for some direction. I’ve lost touch a bit with the trials scene and there’s been a few new manufacturers over the last few years, TRS and vertigo.

I seem to ride better with lighter weight bikes, with smooth controllable power. I’m just a novice rider, don’t need stacks of power.

I’m fancying changing my beta evo 250, I love it, especially how smooth and controllable the power is, but for no other reason than I fancy a change. 
Am I right in saying the trs is the lightest bike on the market? I saw some conflicting info on the internet?

I hear the 300 betas and trs are generally softer power delivery than the 250? I’ve always had 250s but wonder if I should consider a 300. 

I hope to try a few before I buy, but trying to get and idea what to try first. 
Thanks

The 300s i feel are softer at very low throttle openings, they have better torque which makes them nice to ride. Anything beyond 1/4 throttle and they have more go than any 250, most of the times too much for a clubman. If you like your beta 250, then id stay with a 250. Most 250s across all the manufacturers have similar power delivery

Edited by faussy
  • Like 1

I had a 2016 Factory Beta 250. Talked my son into a 300 TRRS. He did not get along with it, so I bought it. It was lighter than the Beta. But everything happens to fast. So I bought a 2021 Montesa 301. Which puts a smile on my face. But every time I see the guy riding my old Beta I question my sanity.

• Like 2