Sign in to follow this  
gogs56

Reed valve blades

My OSSA MAR 250 has Harpowa (Kershan Bradford) reed valves fitted. Does any body know where I can get replacement blades (petals) for them (UK) ?

It's been a long time since I had mine but I think they are the same size as TY250 twinshock.  When they made their reed cages they would have used existing petals and at that time the Yamaha was probably the only bike with reeds fitted. The last petals I had in mine were two stage (Boyeson I think) and they were definitely off the shelf items.  TY Trials stock the Yamaha reeds

I've just been ordering some gaskets from Showe Performance in Stourbridge and noticed they also stock a large selection of of reed petals - may be worth a try if you measure yours, see if they have a match

if you've got a helpful EBC dealer near you their spec book gives all size dimensions for reeds and pads and brake shoes, very handy for a lot off bike builders, if you take a reed with you the pictures in the book are actual size. ;-]  Its sorted things for me over pads and brake shoes when I've dropped on a wheel or caliper during a build.