Trials History

carl ekblom

Someone know when observed trials started. I guess shortly after WW2. I believe trials in a form of reliability test started early in the 19 hundreds, but observed trials in a form we would recognize as trials today🤔when did this happen🧐

• Thanks 1

To replay to your query Trials are up dated all the time They started as reliability test Inthe SSDT observed hills started cica 1920 The first loss of marks for footing was round about 1930 When I started trials marks were 0135 later to 01235 on single route section  Things have moved on multi routes stopping allowed as have the bikes 

Yes, I remember 0135. The 01235 came mid 70´s.

One of the first factory built trials bikes was, as far as I know, Royal Enfield Bullet and it came in 1949. Well, there was one in 30`s but it was not a trials bike

Think the reliability trials was partly observed early 1900´s but don´t know for sure when it went to 100% observed.

Think the name ISDT (international six days trial) has to do with reliability trials. From 1981 called ISDE (international six days enduro)

Thanks everyone for giving me some background👍