Pulling Out Of World Champs

Octagon Esedos pulling out of the outdoor championship and just running the indoor.

I wondered how long it would take to see it isn't going to fly, but what would I know, will this mean regular clubs with good trials terrain like Hawkstone, will be hosting WR again, and we will see the trial being the most important factor and not the powder room.

To tell the truth I'm not sorry to see em go.

Edited by ishy

I know they're Spanish, but it annoyed me to see no photos of anybody else other than Raga coming out of the Barcelona round.

The problem with Clubs running is who is going to operate the press machine? One centralised press source was always good news for folk like me.

I think there will be plenty or requirements for press, but in today's age of communication and the following of this site, it shouldn't be hard to find someone to email you event results, I see on the RYP site they state they will be posting all their team news from the nationals to TC.

From what I was seeing, it looked like less and less clubs could meet the requirements to host a worldround, yes the show looked more professional

but I didn't see any increase in spectator or competitor numbers, and the increased cost and workload to the hosts was starting to shut many out of the game.

I do think there should be sensible requirements at worldrounds but within the reach of more clubs than at this present time, too much world class trials terrain seems to have been lost in favor of facilities, what does the TC reader think? would you rather see a better verity of terrain and chances of getting an event in your area, or less events in more spectator friendly conditions? of course places like Duluth, Donner, Twin ring, should use those locations, but are they premier locations or should they be the norm?

Edited by ishy

Ish is right, we may now see some "normality" brought back to the sport where a club can put on a world round on real terrain.

Octagon/Esodos wanted TOO MUCH to make it realistic for any UK club to put on a round without BIG sponsorship from the likes of tourist boards etc.

The importers cant even afford to sponsor a WTC event in the UK.

as some one from the world of organising big MX's its intresting......

IMHO the "professionals"have pushing the sport to fast - while well never be back to the days of everyone going round in transits, driving themselves and doing the work themselves a certain realism need to come to the sport - we don't need to bring the sport to a "world class" (or whatever base) but we need to bring the sport to the best terrain, and then work around taking the facilities there. to do this the organisers need to be making money to re-invest to create these facilities.

weather there are trials clubs in the UK that can ever do anything that big is another question but hopefully such moves will bring it nearer

rabie :huh:

When our club ran a world round last year, I did not notice any real input from Esedos. They arrive with a big truck a few banners and other bits. Then take a large slice of the cake to boot. I hope they are replaced by a less commercial organization.

The time is ripe for each manufacturer to contribute to a fund which is then used to promote the sport, TV etc.

That means we could have a little less Spanish dominance :huh::(:o

• 2 weeks later...

Well I hope the FIM see that 15 riders worldwide isn't enough, and with some homework from the past, it could be quite possible to get many more riders, from more countries competing, it sounds like the 125 class will only be possible if they ride the same sections but miss the silly stuff like mega steps and leaps, wouldn't it make sence to open that B line to the top riders from other countries who are good riders but not one of the super riders.

Mi thought isn't to raise the bar for the B line riders but over time tone the A line down, giving more a shot at doing it.