Rev 3 which dellorto carb

jonnybrass

My old Rev 3 had the Mikuni and it was not hte best carb.  I sold the bike for an Evo and looking back I would have replaced the Mikuni with the Keihin if doing a carb swap.  There are some cheap Chinese copies of the Keihin on ebay which might be worth a try if you are not looking to spend too much on an old bike.  The Keihin model is PWK28.  Jets will depend on the Rev engine size.  The ones on ebay are about 20-25 quid.  It cost me more than that to have the carb ultrasound cleaned on my TRS.

16 hours ago, jonnybrass said:

Thanks for your replies fellas. I will have a look into a keihin but will try the Billy t mod first and go from there. I only found the leak the day after I bought the bike. 🤦‍♂️

My old Rev with the Mikuni was OK for a while but after a few weeks started to dump petrol out the overflow pipe some times.  We are lucky to have a mechanic a few doors away where I work and I dropped it in to them to strip and clean the carb and check the jets etc.  He found a nail in the float chamber, so presumably the previous owner had thought that would help (it didn't).  Once the carb had been set up properly it was OK.  The biggest problem with old trials bikes in my experience is the person that owned it before you bought it ☺️