Fire and Water damaged 2021 Montesa 4RT

Nigelpugh

15 minutes ago, Nigelpugh said:

Thanks for the comments bud.

Looks like I forgot to update the current status.

It’s pretty much complete now.

Let me dig out the latest pictures.

Here’s some pictures of the new mudguard and graphics.

large.IMG_5857.jpeg.87072796d4e54adba19c0d4d64a01026.jpeglarge.IMG_5856.jpeg.347b2b4046fee402e119e490615b675d.jpeglarge.IMG_5855.jpeg.894be9a9767663426c098257a023019d.jpeglarge.IMG_5854.jpeg.b0aceaae9cfa8012e3d6c805a79ca41c.jpeglarge.IMG_5852.jpeg.71686269c8e39c0aabea4f9d12dd4e11.jpeglarge.IMG_5853.jpeg.92d786a8e02a93e3c6ce53cc0d1fcac9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/4/2024 at 11:48 AM, gontierbat said:

It sounds like you're taking a methodical approach to troubleshooting the issues with your bike, starting with addressing the visible damage to the plastics and the rear tire. Ordering a new throttle cable is a good call, as a stiff and stuck cable could definitely cause starting problems.
Given the extent of the damage and the complexity of motorcycle electronics, it might be beneficial to seek professional help from experts like www.alldryus.com. They specialize in water damage restoration and could assess the bike thoroughly to identify any hidden issues and provide guidance on the best course of action for repair.

Thanks for that bud, it is all good now.

Not heard of a company like that before, but will bookmark that for future reference.

3 hours ago, Nigelpugh said:

Thanks for that bud, it is all good now.

Not heard of a company like that before, but will bookmark that for future reference.

That looks like an A.I.  generated post. What garbage the future looks like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lineaway said:

That looks like an A.I.  generated post. What garbage the future looks like.

What gave it away, the spam to ship cars to L.A. or the spam to a company that dries out flooded basements? 😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lemur said:

What gave it away, the spam to ship cars to L.A. or the spam to a company that dries out flooded basements? 😆

I’m not even going to bother looking at it any further now! Thanks for pointing it out too! 

• Like 1