SW Trials shop

Harry44

51 minutes ago, Harry44 said:

Got my eye on a bike at SW trials / enduro, has anyone been to the shop before? Its a fair trek there for me and wondering if its worth going up there for a look around or getting it delivered. 

My own personal take on it  is If you can fix anything on the bike yourself or have the money to pay someone closer  to your location to fix it for you then have it delivered  that is if they will email you their terms of  business stating they give a 3 month or whatever engine gearbox guarantee before you hand over the money , If not buy as local as possible or it will just cause you grief if anything goes wrong. I know a person who bought a car from a dealer long distance and  it had gearbox problems after a week of ownership and he rued the day he made that decision. 

Edited by Tr1AL

1 minute ago, Harry44 said:

Im looking to buy a bike from them, not fix one. 

You asked for an opinion. I have 40 years experience of trials bike ownership and have bought quite a few second hand ones in that time from dealers and privately but if you are not interested in what others have to say then that is your prerogative.

• Like 3

SW trials are enthusiasts just like BVM who are more local to me. Trials is a very small world so there is no point in them selling rubbish or ripping people off, word would go around in no time. John who runs it is a nice bloke, always got time for a natter and a laugh.

9 hours ago, jon v8 said:

SW trials are enthusiasts just like BVM who are more local to me. Trials is a very small world so there is no point in them selling rubbish or ripping people off, word would go around in no time. John who runs it is a nice bloke, always got time for a natter and a laugh.

@jon v8There is no implication of being ripped off although Mark Kemp the founder of BVM Moto was a nice bloke I bought lots of bikes off him but ask some other customers what they think about him and you may get a different response if you know what that refers to. I think the main thing with distance buying is if anything unexpected  does go wrong shortly after purchase the bike will need to go back to the seller and that is fine if they are willing to collect it and return it free of charge but if its not local to them what will they do. This is when a distance purchase can become more of a hassle than the buyer may have initially envisaged.

I think the original question meant is the shop worth a look around? As in are they a small business or is it like toys r us for trials riders.

I bought a Vertigo from them this year. I'm up in Northumberland and they dropped it off at vertigo HQ for me to collect. They were excellent to deal with and speak to. Bike was spot on

13 hours ago, Tr1AL said:

@jon v8There is no implication of being ripped off although Mark Kemp the founder of BVM Moto was a nice bloke I bought lots of bikes off him but ask some other customers what they think about him and you may get a different response if you know what that refers to. I think the main thing with distance buying is if anything unexpected  does go wrong shortly after purchase the bike will need to go back to the seller and that is fine if they are willing to collect it and return it free of charge but if its not local to them what will they do. This is when a distance purchase can become more of a hassle than the buyer may have initially envisaged.

I am very aware of the situation of what happened with the old setup at BVM when Kempy was in charge, I have been a customer of BVM since about 1985, but I am referring to the current situation with BVM, we are very lucky to have such great service from them, and from John and Matt at SW trials. It is up to you to ask the question of them if there is a problem where the bike needs to be returned. 

6 hours ago, timdog said:

I think the original question meant is the shop worth a look around? As in are they a small business or is it like toys r us for trials riders.

I bought a Vertigo from them this year. I'm up in Northumberland and they dropped it off at vertigo HQ for me to collect. They were excellent to deal with and speak to. Bike was spot on

Yes I think you are correct.

1 hour ago, jon v8 said:

I am very aware of the situation of what happened with the old setup at BVM when Kempy was in charge, I have been a customer of BVM since about 1985, but I am referring to the current situation with BVM, we are very lucky to have such great service from them, and from John and Matt at SW trials. It is up to you to ask the question of them if there is a problem where the bike needs to be returned. 

Yes but what i was referring to is that things can go wrong and they do. but as you say. It is up to you to reduce the risks and levels of hassle that may come your way. Current situation with BVM now is excellent as it was before I never had a problem  there ever.