240pro Idle Problem

348mate

My 240 pro, has a minor niggle. it runs fine at all revs, and settles to a good idle when throttle is closed, but after 4 or 5 seconds, it seems to "die" unless continual blipping of the throttle.....i have tried adjusting mixture etc but makes no difference.

Any ideas anyone?

cheers, S.M.

funny you should say that my 200 done exactly the same i changed all the jet's in the carb no joy still cut out,tried a spare carb still no joy.

on mine it only happened when engine was hot.

anyway thing's just got worse it would become hard to start when the engine was hot the spark plug would be wet then i lost compression when kicking it over,i've now had a rebore and nice new piston i have decided to split the engine now to change all the bearing's so i dont know if that's solved the problem but im confident it has.

so im thinking it could be down to a worn bore and piston.

At the end of the day there's not much to them if your spark is good and carb is clean it must be down to the bore.

Thanks for the input guys. outcome would appear to be general wear on a few carb components, so have went the route of starting fresh with a new carb from eurocarb. I will post the result once fitted..

S.M.

New carb fitted and bike seems spot on. In fact sounded so good i whipped off the swinging arm to overhaul the needle roller and seals! oh and brakes and cables and ...ah well all needing done anyways.

s.m.