• Range: 75 miles @ 15.5 mph
  • Peak power: 16 kW
  • Torque on wheel: 600 Nm
  • Battery: 72V, 40 Ah = 2880 Wh

• Titanium frame +$1500
  • TFT display +$200
  • Light & Horn +$100
  • Off-Road Kit +$200
  • TECH Shocks +$1500 (assume they mean front fork)
  • J.Juan Brakes +$300
  • Michelin Tires +$300

For a sanity check, my EM Race

• Weight: 170 pounds (measured)
  • Max speed: 42 mph (true)
  • Range: 26 miles (unlikely)
  • Peak power 11 kW (true)
  • Torque on wheel: 600 Nm (maybe?)
  • Battery: 52V, 1875 Wh (true)

Riding trials, I get about 12 miles range at an average speed of 6.5 mph down to 20% battery remaining.

Edited by konrad
removed excessive white space

10 hours ago, bikerpet said:

Call me cynical, but I reckon you'll get what you pay for.
Probably OK for a bit of a play, but not even close to comparable to EM, Dragonfly or GG.

I've got a mate who's looking at selling them, waiting to hear his review.

It could be the electric equivalent to Tenaci Wong. Are those still being sold? Budget trials bikes never seemed to sell well but at this low price it could. It has torque similar to EM. Arctic Leopard has an enduro model that looks good and lower spec to Stark Varg and should be a good seller to keep them in business.

53 minutes ago, sectionone said:

It has torque similar to EM.

I don't believe 600 Nm at the rear wheel and a top speed of 62 mph with a single-speed gearbox.

The EM's motor is rated about 45 Nm.  Couple that with a 14.39:1 total gear reduction and you get about 650 Nm at the rear wheel. (The SiliXcon controller may be limiting peak torque to EM's specified 600 Nm.)

With a 14.39:1 gear reduction, the EM's motor must spin in excess of 8000 rpm to go 42 mph.

The E-AT 600 would need more than a single speed to have both 600 Nm and 62 mph at any sort of reasonable motor rpm.   And there was no mention of multiple gears in their specs.

9 hours ago, konrad said:

Looks like I can post again.  My prior post was in limbo awaiting moderation - perhaps because it contained a Facebook link?  That link showed a water pump on the old GG design where there now appears to be an encoder. 

My impression about the original Plettenberg design was that it used an "observer algorithm" in the controller.  This is better than Hall sensors, but computationally intensive.  An encoder is more expensive, but better for an application like motorsports.

Blocking Facebook links is an entirely laudable behaviour in my jaundiced view 🙂

Here's a link to the original YT video your FB link linked to. Plettenberg GG TXE
The Pletty conversion used a water cooled motor, hence the pump. Begs the question - if the new bulge is an encoder then where's the pump, or is the motor aircooled? And if it's air cooled what does that mean? Have they reduced power output to prevent overheating? Have they changed motors? Did they find they just didn't need water cooling? Have they improved heatsinking out to the rest of the motor/gearbox housing?

I look at that new end bulge and wonder if it isn't simply a support bearing for the motor shaft? It seems quite strange to me to hang an encoder off the outboard end of the motor shaft, especially when that outboard end is almost certainly running in an oil bath for the clutch.
Not sure where you got the impression the original Pletty had an observer algorithm, presumably there was some mention of it at the time. But it seems odd when there's no mention of sensorless operation of those motors in Pletty's manual, but it does say halls are standard and other encoding options available.
Anyway it's all rather moot given we don't know if they're still using Pletty motors.
Looking forward to more info or videos coming out from GG.

It seems the new e-GG has a smaller battery than the early one. Maybe just looks that way with it lying down rather than standing up.
This is where a Jotagas could be far nicer conversion - that side mounted shock would allow a battery to run right back into the airbox area, moving mass back and down. But I suspect the Jgas suspension just isn't as good with it's simple direct connection.

8 hours ago, sectionone said:

It could be the electric equivalent to Tenaci Wong. Are those still being sold? Budget trials bikes never seemed to sell well but at this low price it could.

Tenaci are still around I believe, but as you say few get sold. Why would you buy that when a secondhand European bike is probably around the same money?
The Leopard might do better because there are far fewer options available in electric at that sort of price. I've kind of got my doubts though.

8 hours ago, konrad said:

I don't believe 600 Nm at the rear wheel and a top speed of 62 mph with a single-speed gearbox.

They're Chinese Nm & mph, not western. 🙂

But I wholeheartedly agree with you, it's not going to be within cooee of that sort of performance.