Ty 175

sam

We have a TY 175 with a cylinder that is bored out to the max needing a new sleeve

Are sleeves avaiable here in the US for this machine and how much $ would I be looking at roughly?

sam

Edited by Sam

We have a TY 175 with a cylinder that is bored out to the max needing a new sleeve

Are sleeves avaiable here in the US for this machine and how much $  would I be looking at roughly?

sam

Firstly are you sure that larger pistons are not available. Genuine Yamaha pistons go to 1.0mm oversize. Other brands of piston larger.

Resleeve should be able to be done in the US and cost about $200US to $250US (parts and labour not freight). Costs $300 to $350 Australian done in Australia.

Try Bob Ginder at B&J (www.bjracing.com ??) He will probably do some nice proting work also.

Look at Wiseco, but they don't list the TY175 anymore. The last one I got was listed for a DT175 of same year, piston appears same.

Sleeves: LA Sleeve might have. Or, just go on ebay for a good used cylinder andhave that machined up. Likely to be much cheaper if you are not in a rush.

kcj

they tend to rattle, and run ok even with loose bore. don't recall, but I think spec is .0015 to .002, but I've had one running ok that measured at .004 loose. Depends on the taper, and if the bore is damaged or just worn. Not recommended, but you could get it back together and running with a new set of rings, then watch for a better cylinder as time permits. Or a whole second engine, go through that at your leisure time.