Wheel spokes front?rear

BBJ

Hi, Can anyone help me with wheel spoke sizes or any info as trying to source some here in Australia, Like i don't have a manual or anything? They are a bit dirty looking so maybe renew to make it look nicer.

Thanks for any help

myTy.jpg

• Like 1

Yamaha was selling genuine spoke sets for TY250 last time I bought some. They are zinc plated.

Stainless steel spoke kits for them are available from In Motion in the UK.

I know you can get spokes custom made by a bloke in Brisbane. You will probably have to send him samples to copy.

There are probably people all over Australia who can make spokes for you from samples.

Another option that people do is to re-plate the original spokes.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, i did go to a local shop here and they rang some fella who i think makes them and was quoted $180 a set stainless steel.. Might be the best bet to take wheels off etc..

How long are you intending to keep the bike and wanting them to look new? The zinc spokes start to look tarnished again within a couple of years, at least in the weather over here. The stainless are expensive but will look just as good in 10 years as the day you get them

Edited by faussy