Bootle Classic Trial

sparky

Well everything is going to plan we started setting out today.Theres snow at the buckbarrow group so if this stays it will be interesting.Two laps 20 sections, (11 becks, 4 rocky, 4 banking and 1 hillclimb)usual groups will be visited especially the dreaded avalanche alley.No tight turns but most sections quite long so dont hang aboutif you want to avoid time penalties.110 riders entered so it makes putting the event on worthwhile, even got 20 Pre 75 riders.Remember twinshock riders NO disc brakes as per ACU ruling. Still looking for some observers if anybody is willing to help it would be much apprieciated. :angry:

John Collins from the ACU put it on this site end of last year from what i gather it stands.By the way you know that beatiful tank you sold me years ago well it holds a litre less now after a moment setting out yesterday.(legs too short).

Yeah its about six foot deep at the bottom of the fell road. The main A595 road only re opened today.The furthest sections at the very top of buckbarrow will be a no go. i will go up on thursday to check the situation but at the moment the road up to the fell is totally blocked. We will probably make a decision on friday. Ive never wanted it to thaw and rain so much in my life.

Keep you posted

Not sore,but im like a cat got nine lives but used eight of them that day.Like i said then you got your own back for the fell green :angry:

If its on will you do a spot of observing?

Nice picture of you on your post how come both your feet are up!!!

Edited by sparky

you loved the bike ride really!! :P cant observe sorry bud, already got plans. quite enjiyed observing it 2 years ago, apart from the weather that is!! thats a very rare photo of me with both feet up!! Rappers deserves a knighthood for it!! :angry:

Digger man has finally got a road through to the houses at the fell gate today. I will go tomorrow and see how things look, nine sections were set out last saturday so i will see if i can still find them. Dont know about running it later in the year. Hopefully the snow has not drifted so much on the top of the fell and we can still run it, but i think the very farthest run out to the sections it the top of buck barrow will be doubtful.

Keep you posted.

Good news lads the trial is ON. fell green is more or less thawed out but we can only get into buckbarrow sectionS one way, we cant get out of the valley the normal way so there will be a little bit of two way traffic getting out of this group, so please be careful.

We are still running two laps of twenty sections, it is a slightly shorter course but given the ground conditions you will still know youve done a trial at the end of it. sections eased slightly on last years.

yes disc brakes are now allowed (all secions now been put in uphill ;)).

Please note riders are set off at 2 per minute from 10 am. Due to a printing error times were not put on to the programmes you were sent. Please check your start time when signing on.

See you all on sunday and hope you have a great days trialing. ;)

Hope you all enjoyed it.

Top 5 in each class

CLASS A-

D.THORPE 27

J.MAXFIELD 33

P. HEYS 35

S.DOMMETT 44

C.GRIFFEN 45

CLASS B -

N.SHIELD 25

P.WIFFEN 29

S.GASKELL 33 m/c