Bootle Classic Trial

sparky

Fantastic effort by the organisers to run the trial, given how the ground conditions must have been leading up to it and as ever, a really good event. Shortened lap didn't compromise the quality of the trial at all and the sections were set just right for a national championship. Hard but nothing daft, plenty to go at and a 5 could be pulled back instead of ending your day.

A large piece of rather solid Cumbrian rock ended my day when it wiped out a footrest on about section 6 or 7. Managed to finish the lap but a second lap wasn't possible. Still, disappointment aside, thoroughly enjoyed the 1 lap I did do - made working every evening after work for the last 2 weeks until about 11pm to put the bike back together worthwhile - not to mention the night before the trial too until 9.30pm. Then half an hour before the start to run it in. Is everyone else this well prepared...

Top event, well done.

Now, where's the welder, only 3 weeks to the next round.

I gave the results to the secetary on monday morning to type up so they should be on here soon(me and computers dont get on).

Glad you enjoyed and praised the event, making pushing the old Honda for three days solid around the course to make a track prior to the event worth while, anyone want some slick tyres :) .

Must say thanks to all the observers for standing out in the cold and it was cold when the sun went in, without you the event would not be possible it was very much appriciated.

GGblue, I didn't take many pics. Was trying to ride trial too. No no27s visible.

There are a couple of pics of riders, erm, taken from behind...

Hopefully I'll post gallery later.

I'll echo Jordi & Woodys comments & say thanks for a good course that took millions of threes from me - so was about right then - & thanks to the observers too, finding 20 must be hard.

I see i never made it far enough up avalanche to get my photo taken.

Gaver19 which section were you on?.

Yes must of been cold observing unlike riding where you were sweating your nuts off or was that just me.

yeah our Nick rode well,i think i was about level with him at Buckbarrow so told him he was riding crap then he got his head together and stuffed us.

Must be my turn to beat him at the Jack Wood(in my dreams) :)

Edited by sparky