Which Carburettor

Nick59

Advice please I’ve got a Bultaco 250 198a and it’s got an Amal carburettor I want to change it I’m not sure which one to get 

Mikuni or Dellorto?

I believe the Mikuni is available with recommended jetting for a bultaco  from Inmotion , or Allen's performance ?

( I could be out of date on this, as it's a few years since I was looking to do the same)

If a Mikuni ( or Dellorto , OKO etc.) Can be purchased  with suitable jetting that can save a lot of time experimenting, although some playing around fine tuning is to be expected, in which case the Mikuni may have the edge as there are plenty of aftermarket jets available on eBay etc.

Whatever you choose will be an upgrade on an Amal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, trialsrfun said:

I had a Mikuni for my Bultaco from Motocarb Motocarb - Home not sure if genuine OKO are 

6 hours ago, trialsrfun said:

I had a Mikuni for my Bultaco from Motocarb Motocarb - Home not sure if genuine OKO are still available.

Genuine OKOs available from mid-atlantictrials.com

They do a bike-specific set up on each carb, I've found them very good on price and service, ship to UK no problem. One of their OKOs transformed my bike.

• Like 2