Long Distance Purchase.

9.2 ocrehs

So I've found the (used)bike I'm looking for;great price,great condition,etc.The only concern is that the bike is 2000 miles away,and I'll be buying it sight unseen (except for photos) from a person I've never met,other than phone conversation.I would consider myself to be a good judge of character,and he sounds like an honest dude,but what do you folks think?Does anyone have any advice or experience in this sort of situation? He offered references,and said I could stop payment on my check if need be,but I don't know.And how is it he trusts me?Thanks in advance for your input.

Whilst I have some sympathy with you, I have to say that cash is king. If somebody turns up on the doorstep with the money, they take the bike. It's tough because you are obviously a genuine bloke. But we've all been messed about by jerks "definately having it" than never showing up. Sorry about it, but there's plenty more!

Prob Not ;) I bought my bike from ebay never seen it in real life looked quite good in the pics though and when i got it, it was better than it looked in the photos had to be good though as it was an 05 but didnt know what the engine was like just trusted the seller...and that was from edinborough.

Over ere it is not uncommon to find a bike you like that is halfway accross the country.

It just takes about 100 of your QUIDS to get it to you on a truck.

Of course a liesurely drive of 2-300 miles is not uncommon either! ;)

There were several bikes for sale locally,but by the time I got my funds together,they were all sold!Spring is well under way here(New Mexico)so that's it.It did work out for the better, though-I found a comparible bike,about 1800 miles away,but it turns out the guy will be passing right thru town on his way to the nationals in AZ.Free shipping! ;)

Free is always good, hope it is a good bike, what kind is it?

Rabie, EVERY trials here is 100 miles minimum, if you ride the mornings you must either drive up the prior eve and stay nearby or camp, or get up REALLY early to make the drive and get to thr Trial by 8:30 or 9:00am and be ready to ride with one eye open!

Our PM riders get to score for the AM bunch and viceversa, we hope they are not awake yet on the first loop!

;)