2stroke Oil How Much?

robrob

I am using 1:80 that is 63ml at 5L. This should be enough when you are using good synthetic oil. It has worked perfect for me.

Remember the more oil you use the faster your exhaust will be stuffed with unburned tar.

It is all right to change you mix, there is no need to do it gradually.

Remember not to mix mineral and synthetic 2st oil. If you are using mineral oil and are changing to synthetic oil, then drive your bike empty for petrol before applying the new petrol mix with synthetic oil.

The difference between mineral oil and synthetic oil is as follows:

MINERAL OIL

Mineral oils are basically mixtures of refined fractions of crude oil, that is that the manufacturer refines the oil from the underground and a fraction of that we use in our engines.

SYNTHETIC OIL

Synthetic oil is not coming from crude oil. It is made from a process which converts CO, CO2 and methane into liquid hydrocarbons. This kind of oil is more clean and so it has normally a better lubrication. The production was actually started during the WW II where Germany didn

Edited by Thomas_trial

Do not worry about all the "do not mix this and that" bull on the web. 

I don't like having my advice called "Bull"! If I wanted to hear that kind of a talk it would be easier to go down in the local kinder garden!

I have had a look at different oil manufactures pages and some worn against mixing while some say that it is okay to mix their oils. It seems that it is becoming more normal that you can mix different types of oils. So maybe in 5-10 years we can mix oil types with out worrying