Another Seeley.

andy m

;) Hello all, I have been offered a Seeley 200. I have not seen it in the flesh as yet, but judging by the photo's it is a minter. Some history unrestored, not reg'd until 83. It has a Wes silencer which is obviously not correct. But it has white mudguard's. I think it may be one of the last ones built. Did any leave the Seeley workshop with white mudguards? Also has anybody had a replica silencer made. Len Savage sticker on the bike, may have sold the bike when new? Thank's. ;)

Thank's Big John. The bike in question was supposedly supplied with white mudguard's, and they have been replaced. They look okay though. I have seen a few Seeley's and I don't think I have ever seen two the same. As for the stories re production numbers etc, well I am sure you have heard them all yourself. So who knows??? ;)

hi there,

I remembered a few shots of a Seeley with white mudgards on a italian newspaper, so after I checked on my archives, I can confirm the notice that Seeley were available with black or white fenders. Looking at the shot on the newspaper, it seems that the fenders are the same like the black VF's ones.

cheers from Italy

post-1727-1142775978.jpg

Hi,

We have one that came brand new with white Preston Petty mudguards fitted as standard, and going off the frame number it was one of the very early ones.

On the subject of frame and engine numbers do all you Seeley owners bikes have matching fme/eng numbers or was it just pot luck.

I know it sounds unusual but ours don't and that is how it came? ;)

Just come across the sales invoice for my Seeley, which was the last one remaining in Colins shop- FRAME NO SHT 1275 (ie the 275th made) ENGINE NO RS200TE 1193. That should clarify things once and for all. It had black VF mudguards, as did my 3 other Seeleys. Incidentally, it was