Can You Brake The Engine Seals

wonder boy

Right have said my stator might be going so i have to take off the left hand side cover off the engine.

But my question is can i brake the seal ( you know the metal cover and the a seal that goes all the way round and the the engine block). So if i take the cover off can i re-use it, will i be ok if i put the cover back on with the same seal, or will i have to get a new seal.

Gavin

But my question is can i brake the seal

Gavin

Bet you can :huh:

Saw you chating with HL on the board last night, and you saying you couldn't believe how much oil you had on you, if the problem was a part that should have been in the carb was in your pocket, how did you get covered in oil :o

I can remeber when I was young and fetteling bikes, with wrong tools and fumbleing my way thru repairs not knowing what I was doing, the dreaded snap Oops " I didn't do owt wrong why did it snap :(

The only difference was I didn't tell any bugger or advertise it, a good cartoonist could make a fortune off a cartoon in a daily paper.

GAV

:D " RING RING" rev are you going for a ride! B) "yes gav let me finnish posting all I know about airbox's on TC.

:P right I will meet you up there! just got to oil the chain

B) OK see you up there. [ 2hrs] later ;) ring ring Hi rev

can you put the mains back in without taking the cases off.

B) dunno, :wacko: fancy go to the youth club

Ha Ha Ha sorry i'm not lauging with you i'm lauging at you. :o:(

The oil bit was there was a lot of un- burnt fuel so you get black oil. I took the exhust off to see if there was aything wrong there but I go the oil all over my hands.

I have never opeded the engine, the only parts i take off are the back wheel, airbox and the carb and thats about it.

Quote from ishy

"I can remeber when I was young and fetteling bikes, with wrong tools and fumbleing my way thru repairs not knowing what I was doing, the dreaded snap Oops " I didn't do owt wrong why did it snap"

Sorry ishy i'm not like you, I use the right tools and if I dont think i'm doing something right i ask someone or give Haven a call or a company. See ishy I do use my brain some times not always my BA!!s. :huh:

Gavin

Edited by Wonder Boy

Gav - to be serious for a moment. You've got a lot of experienced riders from all over the world giving you advice here. You'll learn loads if you ignore the larking about with spelling and listen to the technical advice that's been given. Ishy has good credentials in the SSDT and Al belongs to a Club with a really long name so that must count for something! :huh: