1995 250 Gas Gas

steam

1 I have removed rear wheel bearings and found on floor a dish shaped spacer with the hole diameter the same as the wheel hub spacer .i am not certain where it should be fitted or if there should be two.

2 Also do i need to pack grease into the hub centre as the bearings are sealed?

3 Also i have taken a very small nick out of one spoke with a hacksaw ----does anyone think spoke will break or is it worth chancing it?

1. not sure which bit you mean of a dish shape maybe take a pic ?

2. Theres no need to grease the hub centre as it just uses the bearings if you get what i mean /the wheel bearings wont need regreasing simply because i dont think you can so if theres play get some new ones or if they look nackered.

3. Probably would be advisable to get another spoke incase it broke while your riding or a trial ect.

Edited by Lewis-GasGas

your second point; if you flick the bearing rubber covers/seal off with a small screw driver and apply some grease directly onto the bearings ( i use copper grease) and pop the seals back on (put the bearings in the hub dry), then just put some grease onto the axle when putting the back wheel on. it just makes it easier to get it back off when you need to.

third point; depends how bad it is! a spoke is pennies but putting it on is a ball ache. you might get away with leaving it.

here are pictures of the dish shape spacer (damaged) for 1995 gas gas which fits somewhere on rear wheel bearing/ hub spacer but do not know where in relation to bearings or which side of wheel. any help appreciated.

post-2485-1145187172.jpg

post-2485-1145187191.jpg