2001 Rev 3 270

jetset

In my (very) humble opinion, I wouldn't ride a 270 without flywheel weights unless you're an expert level rider, have extremely large gonads and/or a liking for hospital food.

My old '02 270 was supplied to me without a flywheel weight and with a quick action throttle fitted (it previously belonged to a guy who did trials demonstrations at country fairs - he called it his "stunt bike") and while it would wheelie off the throttle in every gear except 6th, the bloody thing almost killed me on several occasions and was totally unrideable in trials. Even with the weight, it was still on the ferocious side. This is for me as a clubman wobbler of course! Your mileage may vary, as they say.

The 250 is a much better choice for a clubman use.

I was only kidding :D

Did get offered one actually but want a rev 3 so will wait and get one next month maybe when I get paid again and I sell my pinky.

If nothing else I have now realised that my mate's 270 is not the bike for my limited ability and i know my other half would rather i sold the Yam before getting another.

Might go watch the beginners trial tommorow nearby and try and cadge a couple of test rides.

The only person i know rides a gas gas though and this is not the place to talk about them! :o

Have a good weekend's riding, hopefully won't be long till I am doing the same :D

Dunno, my 270 as bought has obviously no flywheel weight but a slow throttle and from limited play in my yard did not feel "mad" in any way, unless you have a fairly bendy right wrist!!

And i am a total novice.

maybe it aint pulling/tuned right??

S.M.

just been caught out this afternoon by my clutch sticking

I've had the top end and water pump off so bikes been stood about a month started old girl up, warmed up nicely, pushed it out of garage + jumped on sneaked it into gear..

bang.. off she goes straight into the garage doors..

luckly she only had a 2 foot run up but i've had to park the landie right up against the doors so the missus doesnt notice..

freed it up by driving down street and sneaking up and down gears