Motocross!

sam

Its funny, I sometimes get the erge to ride MX again, I always enjoyed the sport a lot! So, I'm browsing threw results and see riders from the time period of when I competed in MX, I'm thinking Wow, these guys are still at it! Then today I read where a 40's yr old guy I was friends with back then broke his hip over the weekend. Needs a hip replacment and I would guess at that age dirt biking would be over period! :thumbup:

I'll stick to my weird looking machine with no seat! :P

I agree with Mich Lin I still love it :wall: I stopped doing it because I didn't like all the crazy big jumps. Saw A guy get landed on and that was enough for me :thumbup:

If not for trials I would probably still be doing it.

The people sure aren't as nice as trials people though :P

Hey all

I used to race schoolboy motocross and loved every minute but got far to competitive and dangerous. Within 4 months I broke my arm and collar bone so I thought it was time I stopped before I did some real damage. But I still love the thrill of racing and speed. So I did a compromise and I now do time trails and I am loving that.

At least with trials you don

Edited by scott_king

I'm one of the lucky ones!

1: broken shoulder blade, that was fun because there is no cast. Hit field stone on down hill jump during practice at Redbud, why no goggles, tossed them the night before at night race, did not remember intill practice next day! DUH :thumbup:

2: molers knocked out, hit chin on crossbar at Redbud, another race! :P

3: small foot injurys often! :wall:

The funny thing is I told everyone that RedBud was by far the most safe track because it was wide with lots of room, but thats were I would get hurt!

I sitting here right now trying to recover from an MX injury! After shattering my leg riding MX in 99 I picked up a staff infection when the hardware was removed from my leg.

Sadly the staff infection flares up now and again, which it just did. Which really sucks!

What exactly is staff infection, I read some where it is a top killer in the US!

Lane,

What is the worst injury in trials you ever wittnessed?

Edited by Sam

Staff is an infection that resides in hospitals in big cities. Once it gets into one it's very hard to get it out of the hospital. Sadly I was unlucky enough to be it's victom. I've had several flare ups at the worst possible time.

The worst injury I've seen or heard of are the fingers of David Chavez being cut off in the sproket while minding. Then there was Andrew Oldar having his head cought between the rear wheel and the airbox at a national while the engine was racing. both these guys are OK.

A few weeks ago one of the riders at a Bill Markem event was playing around after the trial and went over the bars and landed on his head very hard. Amazinly he was released from the hospital that night but his bell was rang really hard.

For me the worst injurys were spraining my wrists when dropping off something. I did that several times.