Hausqvana 125 Wre

james111089

does anyone know if the hausqvana wre 125s are any good?

Whats restricting them?

thinking of gettin one on the road when im 17.

James

Husqavarna WRE125 is a good pukka dual sport bike in the ilk of the DT125 only more serious, best bet is speak to HUSKY SPORT as they are the importers and know every thing worth knowing!! there is also a KTM125LC in the same ilk only using the YAM motor from the DT, i think? and they are 'leccy start best bet is to get some TBM back issues or ask on the TBM forum.hope this helps, Brad :D

Firstly whats a hausqvana??

If you want a road bike have a look at a gasser 125 enduro bike as these fly

Why dont you do your full bike test and have either a trials bike or a ktm 400exc  :D

well you cant actually drive anything over a 250 until your over 21 or been riding for 3 years... so that aint going to happen :P and the insurance on a 400 at 17 anway !! ?? :D

Sure you could enduro a husky 125 (or any other 125 for that matter) quite competitively at most events

The problem is if its your only means of transport do your really want to "race or rally" your only transport ??? LDTs are one thing but enduro is another !!!

Sure it looks cool at 17 to ride a "dirt bike" on the rode

***IMHO*** you're seriously wasting both your time and hard earned (and scarce) cash! - get any old road bike (eg DT125, never go wrong type of thing) or better yet get your car licence, while, if you can, ride off road (be it trials or enduros, etc) on some older less up to date machine to save the cash - realistically off road is 90% rider and 10% bike when using most machines made in the last 5 to 10 years ....

Yup agree with you rabie,

But i have a car licence, but fancy a 125 to pot around on before i do my full test, and the idea of an offroader appeals to me !

But i think i may go for an older dt125, just wondered opions on this bike also

Mat

well you cant actually drive anything over a 250 until your over 21 or been riding for 3 years... so that aint going to happen  and the insurance on a 400 at 17 anway !! ??

My mate is 17 and has a 400 on the road only its restricted to 33bhp??

its a bit of a heap but it goes and has tax and insurance.

Could you ride a 125cc trials bike on the road with just a CBT??

No opinion on the Husky (the only one I've ever ridden was a WR250 and that was horrible, mainly due to an extremely heavy clutch and generally indifferent maintenance on the part of the owner) but I'll second the warnings about riding "proper" dirt bikes on the road.

First of all, unless the bike was manufactured with dual sport in mind, the odds are that the wheels won't be properly balanced for high-speed use which results in either horrendous vibrations and/or head shake or an even more disconcerting tendency to weave or squirm around on tarmac. This can be cured somewhat using rim weights but that does nothing to address the problem of tyres: Simply put, knobblies are awful for road use. Lots of vibration and noise and when it rains you might as well be riding on ice. Fun if you have a deathwish or want to practise supermoto-style "backing it into the corner" at EVERY slight bend or junction but bowel-loosening otherwise. AND you'll go through a set of tyres a week. Finally, the "peaky" nature of off-road competition engines (especially 2-strokes) makes them just plain tiring to ride when all you want to do is get home after a crappy day in the office. All in all, if you're going to be riding more on-road than off it, it makes far more sense to buy a bike that was designed for this purpose and modifying it for serious dirt use than doing it the other way around, especially given the difficulties of registering "competition" bikes for the road use these days.

This comes from my own experience of commuting 20 miles a day on a 400cc enduro bike for a year, every day, sun, rain, snow and wind. At the time it was a financial necessity but never again.

• 2 weeks later...