Fatbars

lewis_gasgas

Not sure if theres been a topic about them i need a new set of bars soon as mine are bent , and was thinking about getting some fat bars ..just want to know how people rate them and how different they feel or if its easier to do things with them on. Cheers....

Is it just,...a FAT bar ?? :lol:

I have an 05, and stock bar is really nice, altho this is my first bike i dont know the difference !! :P

- The bar is a tapered bar, and i dont have a problem with it, but whats the difference with the fat bar?

Also my clamps are a black clamp, but there different, there standard on the 05 i think, but theres only a bolt on the top, and they are hinged at the bottom, .. so from the side there like a pair of pliers,..do you get me ? :D

---- can i use fatbars with these or is it new clamps ??? :D

:P:marky:

btw -- Ferret Flasher i found this for you :marky: !! it was on my mobile and thought you must have it !! B)

post-1852-1147375185.jpg

the black clamps you are talking about are the raga fatbar clamps which should have came on the bike if youve got a 250 upwards i think the bars are very good and have alot more room for movement around them and they are very strong, the fat bars dont have a cross brace across the middle of the bar and are fatter in the middle to give them strength this is where they get the word fatbar from i spose

i have gold renthal fatbars with renthal clmps they are amazing and look immense although it can sometimes blag getting the hooks on the straps over them...get some theyr'e fat!!!

haha get it...well i think im losing the plot!!!

the black clamps you are talking about are the raga fatbar clamps which should have came on the bike if youve got a 250 upwards i think the bars are very good and have alot more room for movement around them and they are very strong, the fat bars dont have a cross brace across the middle of the bar and are fatter in the middle to give them strength this is where they get the word fatbar from i spose

oh right cool,

So im guessing that this does mean i can use either, fatbars or if i was daft i could get the raga bars ?

What is the advantage of the std. tapered bar then that you get with the GG, is it like their attempt at a fatbar, or is it inbetween a normal and a fatbar?

Cheers

ive only got the normal 4 bolt ones on mine ...what it came with but i was talking about your clamps when i said they prob wudnt fit the fatbar if they fit the normal sized bars now....could be wrong tho..but usually you have to buy bigger clamps (proper fat bar clamps).